Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 152 Tigers vs a's Sept 20, 2017

turok

Didn't check today's schedule, since most weekday games are on Thursday...oh, well.

10 games remain, a's lead 1-0 after 5 full.

Snatchez pitching a 3 hitter, vs menguin 6 hit SHO.

This is about as inactive of a day on DSF, as I've ever noticed before.

I haven't had much initiative to do the games since Chris Ilitch and Al Avila stabbed most of the fan base in the back and heart trading JV.
Glad you have been picking me up, and Tigermud earlier.

Tigers lineup

1. Alex Presley, LF
2. Jeimer Candelario, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, DH
4. Nicholas Castellanos, RF
5. Efren Navarro, 1B
6. Mikie Mahtook, CF
7. John Hicks, C
8. Andrew Romine, 2B
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Anibal Sanchez RHP
Bench: C James McCann, C Bryan Holaday, 2B Ian Kinsler, IF Dixon Machado, OF Tyler Collins, OF JaCoby Jones.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/athleti.../492374#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=492374
Gameday. Tigers getting shutout again.

Didn't check today's schedule, since most weekday games are on Thursday...oh, well.

10 games remain, a's lead 1-0 after 5 full.

Snatchez pitching a 3 hitter, vs menguin 6 hit SHO.

Getaway game..

So Tigers will either get swept and lose game 90 this afternoon, or win #63, averting the possibilty of 100 losses for the season. Including today's game so far, they have given up 830 ...oops 832 runs, and will most likely surpass the 857 total by the last-place '08 Tigers team, but still fall a bit short of the 928 by the infamous '03 team...which wasn't even the most in the AL that season. The Rangers gave up a whopping 969.

Last edited:
I haven't had much initiative to do the games since Chris Ilitch and Al Avila stabbed most of the fan base in the back and heart trading JV.
Glad you have been picking me up, and Tigermud earlier.

Couldn't do so before this month, but I finally have a decent smartphone and my own internet connection since the start of the month, before then having shared access was erratic at best for several years.

I didn't know today was a day game. It seems very rare for them to have a Wed. day game.

So far it seems like Dirty Sanchez was good and the Candy Man continues to impress.

Snatchez pitched a QS, giving up 1 run on 3 hits, 3 BB, and 8Ks, but his teammates bats didn't pick him up. menguin is in line for the SHO W, and dull (can't do better than THAT surname..lol) for the S, here in the bottom 9th.

Last edited:
Couldn't do so before this month, but I finally have a decent smartphone and my own internet connection since the start of the month, before then having shared access was erratic at best for several years.

Good to hear, long time for you to deal with.

It might be like 2003 where they win their final two to stay away from the Met's record. I can't wait until next season..

It might be like 2003 where they win their final two to stay away from the Met's record. I can't wait until next season..

'18 Tigers pitching and defense might add up to flirting with 1000+ RA by next season's end.

I'm just hoping some young guys can contribute.. Maybe it'll be fun.

I don't see the Tigers spending much on pitching, but if Boyd, Fulmer, and much less likely Zimmerman, and maybe two-three others can fill out a decent roto then having a mostly crappy BP can be mitigated somewhat.

What the lineups and bench will be comprised of, is mostly unknown. Depends on what the FO does or doesn't do with the middle IF, 2/3 of the OF, and 1B, whether or not VMart returns.

Last edited:
I don't see the Tigers spending much on pitching, but if Boyd, Fulmer, and much less likely Zimmerman, and maybe two-three others can fill out a decent roto then having a mostly crappy BP can be mitigated somewhat.

What the lineups and bench will be comprised of, is mostly unknown. Depends on what the FO does or doesn't do with the middle IF, 2/3 of the OF, and 1B, whether or not VMart returns.

I have zero confidence Zimmerman will be a viable SP. Just mark it as wasted space.

Back