Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Falcons @ Lions Thread

grandy

Atlanta Falcons (2-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-0)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
The Falcoholic

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
LB Jarrad Davis (concussion) - OUT
S Tavon Wilson (shoulder) - OUT
RB Dwayne Washington (quad) - OUT
G Joe Dahl (lower leg) - QUESTIONABLE
C Travis Swanson (ankle) - QUESTIONABLE
DE Ezekiel Ansah (knee) - QUESTIONABLE

Falcons
LB Vic Beasley Jr. (hamstring) - OUT
DL Courtney Upshaw (ankle/knee) - OUT
T Ryan Schraeder (concussion) - OUT
RB Terron Ward (neck/shoulder) -OUT

Series History
Link
The Lions are 24-12 against the Falcons
Last Game: 10/26/2014, Lions 22 Falcons 21
Last Win in Detroit: 11/5/2006, Lions 30 Falcons 14
Recent Games: The Falcons have won 3 of the last 4 games

I am excited to see where we stand as a team and this game will quickly let all Lions fans and critics know. This is one of a very few times in the NFL where we could actually come away with a moral victory with a close loss.

That said, I don't think we can stand up to Atlanta defensively. Can we win? Of course.....but we will have to score more than 30 or maybe even 38 to win.
I say we come close.....but Atlanta exposes the weaknesses we have on defense and beats us up pretty good.

Atlanta 37
Lions 24

Damn I hope I'm wrong on this......it would be nice to "show up" against one of the NFL's best teams!!!

I am excited to see where we stand as a team and this game will quickly let all Lions fans and critics know. This is one of a very few times in the NFL where we could actually come away with a moral victory with a close loss.

That said, I don't think we can stand up to Atlanta defensively. Can we win? Of course.....but we will have to score more than 30 or maybe even 38 to win.
I say we come close.....but Atlanta exposes the weaknesses we have on defense and beats us up pretty good.

Atlanta 37
Lions 24

Damn I hope I'm wrong on this......it would be nice to "show up" against one of the NFL's best teams!!!

I consistently don't give our defense enough credit. Stat i saw on espn is we've held teams under 20 pts 11 times since start of last season....2nd only to NE.

That said i agree... will be tough containing all of Atlanta's weapons. Especially with Davis out to fill the run.

I consistently don't give our defense enough credit. Stat i saw on espn is we've held teams under 20 pts 11 times since start of last season....2nd only to NE.

That said i agree... will be tough containing all of Atlanta's weapons. Especially with Davis out to fill the run.

Not the run I'm worried about without Davis... Whitehead couldn't ever cover a TE... Hooper may go off against us but hopefully they keep Killebrew on him a lot...

I just don't like our odds today. But hopefully I'm wrong and we punch them in the mouth. We have to play a clean game today and keep the penalties to a minimum. I don't think Caldwell can be ultra conservative today either. Our offense has to stay on the field to keep their offensive weapons on the sideline...and that won't happen if we're just gonna run the ball up the middle twice and hope to keep converting 3rd and long all day.

BTW this is one of those games where the Lions have been getting some nationwide love and the betting line moved in the Lions favor. Not to use the past as a reference but in the past those games haven't usually worked out well for us.

Saw a stat that the Lions have opened a season just once in the last 36 years.

we're about to lose by 30. Sorry. This team is getting too much hype for no reason. Not sure why all the experts are convinced that we are a balanced team and that our run game is going well. Abdullah broke two big runs last week, but that's it. Can't watch just the highlights and declare that we are a fixed team.

Crowd is way too quiet right now. The defending NFC champs come into our building and you can hear a pin drop.

Somehow we're going to have to create about 3 turnovers...some tipped ball int's or something. We're going to struggle to cover these guys.

Back