Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Unconfirmed: Speight done for year

dubbsco

Looks to be pretty good reporting, UM Big is generally right 99/100 times.

Harbaugh had said "soft tissue injury"... now he's (maybe, rumored to be) done for the year. what "soft tissue injury" could be that severe? spinal cord? really, really bad ligament tear?

still fucking ridiculous that headhunting hit that took him out wasn't even flagged.

Do we get Purdue at home next year? would like to smoke them 70-0 while knocking every single QB on their roster out of the game (without headhunting like they did all game).

Looks like it may be a broken vertebrae . It was such a cheap hit. I couldn't believe it wasn't flag.

Last edited:
. @CoachJim4UM: Wilton Speight "won't be able tp compete this week or for multiple weeks. John O'Korn will be the starter."

Like grant newsome injury last year, nasty and no penalty

Hope speight is okay long term.

Sorry for Speight. Lousy way to end. When you have so many dirty hits it is clear that the coaches have coached their players to play that way. There should be a point where the league or NCAA steps in and takes action against the coaches. Two players tossed out for illegal hits, and a third that should have been. I am not against hard hits. It is football. But not dirty play.

Sorry for Speight. Lousy way to end. When you have so many dirty hits it is clear that the coaches have coached their players to play that way. There should be a point where the league or NCAA steps in and takes action against the coaches. Two players tossed out for illegal hits, and a third that should have been. I am not against hard hits. It is football. But not dirty play.

The NCAA taking action. That's hilarious.

Speight has three broken vertebrae on a clearly late hit after he was down, with no flag. I hope that Purdue player sees the consequences of his dirty hit! Ended a guys season, and perhaps his career in football. If the NCAA really wanted to protect players, they would take action.

Speight has three broken vertebrae on a clearly late hit after he was down, with no flag. I hope that Purdue player sees the consequences of his dirty hit! Ended a guys season, and perhaps his career in football. If the NCAA really wanted to protect players, they would take action.

Yep
Newsome career/life almost ended due to no call hit that is a penalty for the same issue safety

It's too bad he got hurt, but those types of plays happen every game. I don't think there was intent. Bang bang plays happen. Just like the Bush hit on Lewerke late in the game Saturday. That was the exact definition of targeting and there wasn't a flag.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/10/upset_against_michigan_leads_t.html

Or just like the dude that took 3 extra steps and drilled O'Korn. Or the guy on the sidelines who took a swipe at O'Korn, and then the trainer yanked him the F down.

Pretty easy to play that game.

or just like the dude that took 3 extra steps and drilled o'korn. Or the guy on the sidelines who took a swipe at o'korn, and then the trainer yanked him the f down.

Pretty easy to play that game.

14-10

Okay! I don't really know how we can have a discussion when I gave you a counter point to your stupid comment and that's what you come back with.

It's crazy how much you and Johnny popped in after the game, like a plague.

Back