Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Michigan State Score Prediction Thread

huh. yeah, you're right, their last TD was scored with 0:01 remaining. I remember there being more time left when they scored, and only Peppers running their stupid 2pt attempt back clinching it.

I guess I was still spooked by the 2015 finish, thinking they still had a shot.

Shake the past demons, Champ!

huh. yeah, you're right, their last TD was scored with 0:01 remaining. I remember there being more time left when they scored, and only Peppers running their stupid 2pt attempt back clinching it.

I guess I was still spooked by the 2015 finish, thinking they still had a shot.

Everyone thought we would blow them the hell out though. After what happened the year prior, and added that MSU had a terrible season last year. It may not have been super tight, but they still played us hard and gave us a better game than most thought.

I'd put the 3 OT game in 2004 up there as well. we didn't lose, but nearly did. I don't remember them being ranked for that one, but they broke a couple long TD runs to nearly steal it. I remember thinking how much it would suck to get upset by them.

I'd even put last year in the definition. they looked like shit, & I expected us to pound them, payback for the muffed punt win, but it ended up going down to the wire, being closer than the score indicated.

they're a pesky opponent.

that being said, going back to '01, I expected us to win every year from '02 - '07, and we did. I never expected us to beat them during the RichRod years, or Hoke years, so can't say any of the losses from '08-'15 were unexpected.

You're including games we won? Oh boy.

I know I started it, but I guess there's a good reason for the usual "woofing and barking" clause..

I definitely expected a blowout, like in '02, after the Clockgate game. they were 2-5 when we played them last year, fer chrissakes, and were pounded by UW at home.

You're including games we won? Oh boy.

I know I started it, but I guess there's a good reason for the usual "woofing and barking" clause..

the woofing and barking clause has been dropped this season. since he's been posting most of the rest of Geezer's traditional intro, I assume this was an intentional omission, not merely an oversight, and therefore woofing and barking is acceptable.

I definitely expected a blowout, like in '02, after the Clockgate game. they were 2-5 when we played them last year, fer chrissakes, and were pounded by UW at home.

I know how it ended (and the Pandora's box this is opening if certain sparty fans are reading), but it was 30-10 well into the 4th quarter, and a 13 point game with 2 seconds to go. I didn't like the first drive or that it got a little squirley late, but I'd take an outcome like that for each of the next 50 years or so.

agreed. also, for the record, I am not woofing and barking here. I am discussing in A perfectly calm manner & agreeing.

the woofing and barking clause has been dropped this season. since he's been posting most of the rest of Geezer's traditional intro, I assume this was an intentional omission, not merely an oversight, and therefore woofing and barking is acceptable.

I agree it was intentional, but it hasn't been the case all season.

Cusswords, just let em roll

Motherfucking shit, God damn asshole

Cusswords, just don't quit

Motherfuck you damn shithead bitch

man, rhymes like those... that's how you guarantee yourself a "parental advisory explicit lyrics" sticker. then 13 year old you has to ask your mom to buy the album for you at Harmony House and her eyes pop out of her head when she reads the track listing.

by the way, you got no class, absolutely no class.

man, rhymes like those... that's how you guarantee yourself a "parental advisory explicit lyrics" sticker. then 13 year old you has to ask your mom to buy the album for you at Harmony House and her eyes pop out of her head when she reads the track listing.

by the way, you got no class, absolutely no class.

My collection of the dirtiest tapes I could order through Columbia House was confiscated by my mom back in the day. She brought that up a few years ago, patting herself on the back, and saying she was going to show them to my kids like she always threatened to. Had to let her know that shortly after she took them I found the hiding spot and replaced the real tapes with blank ones. Beotch!

I will make no predictions on this game. Sparty will always put every ounce of hatred toward Michigan in this game. It will account for 7 hateful points right off the bat. Last year to start the game, it was a total WTF? 1st drive. We calmed and prevailed, but still, they were a terrible team. Hatred goes a long way. This Michigan team needs to find that same hatred for Mark's D'antoniolio's face. I know I have it. I could punch a hole right through it. Go Blue!!!

No idea what to truly expect in this game. I have no idea how good either of the defenses are since they haven't played a decent offense. I'm pretty sure Michigan's D is decent though.

I'll go with 30-17 Michigan

Last edited:
Back