Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The shine is gone

My take is that 2 plays are called, 1 pass 1 run for the situation. Harbaugh makes the decision which one. Someone got a little ballsy in a torrential downpour. The thing is, is that State was playing zone most of the game. If your throw it just a little off, you are fucked. The QB and WRs have to be perfect in that kind of environment. You are askkng a helluva lot, even for a pro. Holy fucking shit.
We could have fun some plays that tested their safeties deep. Their safeties have been terrible for the past two years. Naturally we did nothing to challenge them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

We could have fun some plays that tested their safeties deep. Their safeties have been terrible for the past two years. Naturally we did nothing to challenge them.

I guess in the first half...if we had WR that could catch passes. I don't know if we do. Testing the safeties in the monsoon would not have been a good idea. Higdon for 6 yards a pop offtackle was working brilliantly...

I guess in the first half...if we had WR that could catch passes. I don't know if we do. Testing the safeties in the monsoon would not have been a good idea. Higdon for 6 yards a pop offtackle was working brilliantly...
We have TEs that can. Did we ever test the safeties up the seam? Nope.

I was wondering the same thing. Why aren't the tight ends utilized more?
Because the playcalling is awful. Nothing makes sense. We run Evans straight up the middle so often, but he gets the least amount of outside carries. Gentry and Bunting are ghosts in the red zone, but we'll throw low percentage fades to McDoom, Crawford and McKeon. We do absolutely nothing to utilize DPJ in the passing game. Our only solution to involve him at all is running a reverse or jet sweep. God forbid we throw him a fucking tunnel screen. Higdon is averaging 18.3 YPC and Evans averages 14.3 YPC. They've been thrown to a combined 6 times in 5 games.

Last edited:
That TE screen went for a nice gainer.......................never to be heard from again:(

All the more frustrating to think that with the field goal kicker that is on the team all they really had to do is to get within decent field goal range twice in the second half and they could have won the game.

Back