Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Y?all need to chill.

dtroitlionsfan951

I understand the frustration. I live in Toledo, i have to wake up every day and hear from my family or my best friends about Ohio State. But if I were to give you a year that I wasn’t going to be confident in, it would be this one. With all the starters we lost, with being ranked 120th out of 120 college football teams in returning starting experience, not to mention that but the starters replacing them are about as green as can be. We have redshirt freshman ALLL over the place, especially on offense. That is not a recipe for success. Yes, I understand Ohio State had a decent year last year in a similar scenario. But that doesn’t mean it’s a situation most coaches would like to be in. I would say 99% of the time you won’t find success with a roster this young. Going into this season I truly felt next season would be the first true Harbaugh team with starting experience across the board. We will have our first Harbaugh quarterback, our receivers will actually have some experience and season, the defense will be back! I know Hurst and Mone will be gone, but we have some super young talent behind them as well. This year sucks, I hate that we have to be even more patient. But I’m almost 100% positive come next year, this year will have been worth it. (Unless Harbaugh just leaves).

Last edited:
State's younger. They are playing like an entire team of freshman. They went in and punched Michigan in the mouth.

I don't want to hear this stuff anymore. Harbaugh's been getting lit up from his rivals. This team isn't even CLOSE to championship level.

We are becoming Cubs fans. Next year is our year!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

State's younger. They are playing like an entire team of freshman. They went in and punched Michigan in the mouth.

I don't want to hear this stuff anymore. Harbaugh's been getting lit up from his rivals. This team isn't even CLOSE to championship level.

Again geting lit up is just flat out wrong. 1-4 and losing yes but only one loss was a blowout. Three of the 4 losses all Michigan needed was one play or call to go our way . LIke say Jt being short of the sticks. Or not turning into a Australian rules football player.
We do have to stop turning the ball over. All three have contributed to why we are 1-4 in those games. Plenty of years left to right the ship. . He needs to fix the offense first and formost. At 51 Jim will probably be at Michigan for a long time. Hopefully he will improve .

Last edited:

State is younger eh? I just checked our depth charts. We have 11 starters that are either first year players or second year players starting on our team. They have 4. We have 6 on defense and 5 on offense. It?s not even close.

Again geting lit up is just flat out wrong. 1-4 and losing yes but only one loss was a blowout. Three of the 4 losses all Michigan needed was one play or call to go our way . LIke say Jt being short of the sticks. Or not turning into a Australian rules football player.
We do have to stop turning the ball over. All three have contributed to why we are 1-4 in those games. Plenty of years left to right the ship. . He needs to fix the offense first and formost. At 51 Jim will probably be at Michigan for a long time. Hopefully he will improve .

Regardless of score he's 0-3 at home vs those 2 teams. Soon to be 0-4.

I understand the frustration. I live in Toledo, i have to wake up every day and hear from my family or my best friends about Ohio State. But if I were to give you a year that I wasn?t going to be confident in, it would be this one. With all the starters we lost, with being ranked 120th out of 120 college football teams in returning starting experience, not to mention that but the starters replacing them are about as green as can be. We have redshirt freshman ALLL over the place, especially on offense. That is not a recipe for success. Yes, I understand Ohio State had a decent year last year in a similar scenario. But that doesn?t mean it?s a situation most coaches would like to be in. I would say 99% of the time you won?t find success with a roster this young. Going into this season I truly felt next season would be the first true Harbaugh team with starting experience across the board. We will have our first Harbaugh quarterback, our receivers will actually have some experience and season, the defense will be back! I know Hurst and Mone will be gone, but we have some super young talent behind them as well. This year sucks, I hate that we have to be even more patient. But I?m almost 100% positive come next year, this year will have been worth it. (Unless Harbaugh just leaves).

Yeah but the Spartans are even younger then we are and after Isaacs fumble and Msu took the lead I felt our team panicked badly . Didn't really recover until it was
14-3. It's frustrating we have to wait until untill 2 scores for the defense to recover and adjust. If your going to be young and have a 3 or 4 losses why not start a younger Qb like Peters ? I guess we know why Wilton beat out O' korn sadly because he was flat out awful.. He had happy feet. Made poor decisions. Overthrows. Those int's 2 were on him completely. Can't remember the third.

Am I missing something? How is State younger than us? I keep looking but seeing it?s not true.

State is younger eh? I just checked our depth charts. We have 11 starters that are either first year players or second year players starting on our team. They have 4. We have 6 on defense and 5 on offense. It?s not even close.

You checked wrong. MSU has 14 first or second year players starting.

Offense:
Jackson soph
Lewerke RS soph
Sokol RS Soph
Chewins RS Soph
Higby Soph
Jarvis True Freshman
Campbell RS Frosh

Defense:
Willekes RS Soph
Williams RS Soph
Panasiuk soph
Bachie Soph
Scott true fresh
D Dowell RS Soph
Layne Soph

Losing Allen and Frey next season and that's it. Holmes and Shane Jones are the only seniors who contribute as backups.

You checked wrong. MSU has 14 first or second year players starting.

Offense:
Jackson soph
Lewerke RS soph
Sokol RS Soph
Chewins RS Soph
Higby Soph
Jarvis True Freshman
Campbell RS Frosh

Defense:
Willekes RS Soph
Williams RS Soph
Panasiuk soph
Bachie Soph
Scott true fresh
D Dowell RS Soph
Layne Soph

Losing Allen and Frey next season and that's it. Holmes and Shane Jones are the only seniors who contribute as backups.

Redshirt sophomores are third year players homie. They can leave for the nfl after seasons end. I wouldn’t call that youth.

Last edited:
We always have an excuse.

The o-line has sucked for a fucking decade. We haven't had a NFL QB since Chad Henne.

Our defense is great now, but the offense is essentially irrelevant.

Regardless of score he's 0-3 at home vs those 2 teams. Soon to be 0-4.

Maybe.
But who knows those games have not been played yet , and with that offense you dispayed yesterday espically in the second half you better hope your boat dosnt get rowed next week in Minnesota. Looks like both teams will have 3 or 4 losses this season with those offenses displayed yesterday . Jim will get it right and I bet you right here and now Jim wins a national title before Mark does. Heck he has 10 years on him in age!!!!

Again I stand by being 1-4 sucks verses the rivals but 3 of those 4 losses were very winnable of you don't have Homer glasses on. It sucks now but if I have to endure that for a national title in a few years I will. Jim needs to fix his offense badly though. Same old turnovers killed us yet again.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? How is State younger than us? I keep looking but seeing it?s not true.

You guys started 4 sr's on offense(Cole, Kugler, O'Korn, Poggi/Hill). That's not even counting Bunting who's technically listed as a starter as well.

You also started 4 sr's on defense(Hurst, Mone, Winovich and McCray). That's 3/4 of your best unit there.

MSU Starts Allen on offense and Frey(lol) on defense.

Our offense sucks ass. It starts with the shitty coaching on that side of the ball.

Our QB ends up in shitty situations bc we rarely ever have a checkdown option. The passing game is a complete joke. Evans and Isaac are both legit weapons in the pass game and they have a combined 5 catches this season. Drevno is a fucking terrible OC.

You guys started 4 sr's on offense(Cole, Kugler, O'Korn, Poggi/Hill). That's not even counting Bunting who's technically listed as a starter as well.

You also started 4 sr's on defense(Hurst, Mone, Winovich and McCray). That's 3/4 of your best unit there.

MSU Starts Allen on offense and Frey(lol) on defense.

Yeah your younger but not by much. Both teams are young and if no one leaves for the nfl both defenses should be real good next year. Heck Michigan may have guys leave early so it's a mute point until next season.

Our offense sucks ass. It starts with the shitty coaching on that side of the ball.

Our QB ends up in shitty situations bc we rarely ever have a checkdown option. The passing game is a complete joke. Evans and Isaac are both legit weapons in the pass game and they have a combined 5 catches this season. Drevno is a fucking terrible OC.

Yeah our oc is in way over his head . Jim needs to move him back to line coach and hire a new guy.

Yeah your younger but not by much. Both teams are young and if no one leaves for the nfl both defenses should be real good next year. Heck Michigan may have guys leave early so it's a mute point until next season.

Gary is a beast, but losing Hurst, Mone AND Winovich is gonna be tough to overcome.

Back