Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 6 Golden Knights 3 Final

Love the 4-1 start but last season we were 0-2 then ripped off 6 wins in a row and we were 6-2 before the losses piled up. Play the right way. Stop the turnovers. Great 3-1 road trip with a bunch tough games coming up.

Last edited:
Love the 4-1 start but last season we were 0-2 then ripped off 6 wins in a row and we were 6-2 before the losses piled up. Play the right way. Stop the turnovers. Great 3-1 road trip with a bunch tough games coming up.

I forget what the early season 3rd periods were like last season but so far I like what I see late in games..

I forget what the early season 3rd periods were like last season but so far I like what I see late in games..

Totally agree . So far our third periods are much better then last year .

3 of 4 next are at home but 8 of next 12 are away,
TB
@ Leafs
Wash
Vancouver
@ buffalo
@ TB
@ FL
AZ
@ ott
@ oilers
@ Vancouver
@ Flames

Late in 3rd is the only times the Wings start flying. Blashill can't motive the guys to give a consistent effort which is very troubling.

Last season Vanek carried the team early on until he got hurt than the team took a nose dive.

At least Mantha is on the team to start the season and tonight took Tatar's spot at times (between Z and Nyquist). At least from the parts I've seen, Yankee cricket was one at the bar and the live act was rubbish.

Despite my misgivings about shots, the team has cut down on opponent shots two games in a row now. It's early, so I'm hoping this later trend is the more telling.

Late in 3rd is the only times the Wings start flying. Blashill can't motive the guys to give a consistent effort which is very troubling.

Last season Vanek carried the team early on until he got hurt than the team took a nose dive.

At least Mantha is on the team to start the season and tonight took Tatar's spot at times (between Z and Nyquist). At least from the parts I've seen, Yankee cricket was one at the bar and the live act was rubbish.

I disagree about waiting until late in the third . The were flying all third period. I agree with you though about jeff motivating abilities becauuse he stinks at it because why wait until the third?
Our passing defensive just flat out stinks . To many giveaways . But when we finally started turning Vegas over we pummeled them with 4 third period goals as we should verses a expansion team.

Last edited:
Despite my misgivings about shots, the team has cut down on opponent shots two games in a row now. It's early, so I'm hoping this later trend is the more telling.

Vegas and Arizona aren't exactly good teams.

Next 3 games should be more of a measuring stick.

Tampa
Toronto
Washington

I disagree about waiting until late in the third . The were flying all third period. I agree with you though about jeff motivating abilities becauuse he stinks at it because why wait until the third?
Our passing defensive just flat out stinks . To many giveaways . But when we finally started turning Vegas over we pummeled them with 4 third period goals as we should verses a expansion team.

Early in the game, especially the 2nd they looked lazy.. Just willy nilly.

Tampa
Toronto
Washington

They might not be but Detroit isn't suppose to be good either. In the end you need to beat the teams you're suppose to beat, maybe some surprises vs the better teams and the rest takes care of itself.

Tampa
Toronto
Washington

Yes for sure that is why beating az and vegas was a must.

Last edited:
Pulkkinen has 9 points in 3 AHL games so far. Makes you wonder what his kid needs to crack an NHL roster.

Shipachayev had a goal in his Vegas debut and so did Tuch.

Pulkkinen has 9 points in 3 AHL games so far. Makes you wonder what his kid needs to crack an NHL roster.

Shipachayev had a goal in his Vegas debut and so did Tuch.

From what I understand Vegas drafted some vets to get going and would need to trade some to get those young guys up. For example, I pointed this out before, they have 10 defenseman. Unheard of..

Back