Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan @ Indiana Game thread

OH yeah and let's stick to rotating Higdon with Walker. TI can take a seat on the bench and just graduate...too many fumbles. Evans is fast...I'm sensing a theme here.

Ty had some good runs yesterday. You could tell the disappointment from the bench that he wasnt playing anymore.

be a big picture guy like me. Don't cherry pick results to suit your argument.

if you did that, you'd have to agree the passing game overall is worse than last year. a lot worse

Well, duh. But it's not like the passing game coordinator is the only thing that has changed. While we all hoped that the offensive line would be addition by way of subtraction...so far, at least from a pass protection standpoint, that has not been the case whatsoever. And then you have three drafted pass catchers being replaced by 1st/2nd year players along with one somewhat experienced guy (Perry - 27 career catches going into the season). And the only guy that looked like he could bail out a QB, Tarik Black, goes down for the year.

Sure, it's possible that learning a new scheme has hampered the overall development, but we have no idea if the scheme is any good because it's not being executed competently at any level. For all the gripes about complicated routes and no check downs...I rewatched the MSU game last week (for some stupid reason) and kept an eye on O'korn. There were check downs available all day, but every single time that he stayed in the pocket he locked onto one guy and threw it there. The only time he didn't was when it was screamingly obvious that the guy was covered and he started getting happy feet and scrambling, whether or not there was pressure. The same exact shit we saw last year from him under the previous coordinator. Yes, Speight clearly regressed and that does raise some questions, but the issues listed above are just as likely to be the culprit as your tunnel vision answer. I'd rather blame the guy making millions of dollars too, but only if it makes sense. This is a team effort.

Last edited:
Those non-checkdowns were something of a mystery. He made those checkdowns in the Purdue game. Then he totally goes Speight, which leads to practically no points. Same as Speight in Purdue game

Back