Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump approval ratings

And wheels on the bus go round and round ,round and round .. I thought about posting a youtube clip but it was pretty bad. Almost 1 year done and three to go sadly for this GOP shit show.

Nothing in my life has really changed.

Nothing changed when Obama was inaugurated.

Nothing changed when W was inaugurated.

Nothing changed when Clinton was inaugurated.

Nothing changed when the first Bush was inaugurated.

Nothing changed when Reagan was inaugurated.

Back then, all my friends were telling me that Reagan was going to blow up the planet, but nope...didn't happen.

Back then, all my friends were telling me that Reagan was going to blow up the planet, but nope...didn't happen.

you're kinda like the last of That 70's Guy meme, personified. *just* old enough to have benefitted from the New Deal, not young enough to have gotten fucked by its subsequent gutting, which really got moving under Reagan.

"back in my day we didn't pay an arm and a leg for health insurance. and good public education - including college - was nearly free. How did you young kids manage to fuck it all up? Surely you can't blame me. I voted to deregulate business - "the market" can take care of itself just fine. i voted to cut taxes, gut unions, gut anti-trust protection, and give all the money that went to social programs instead to the defense industry in the form of massive no-bid contracts, and... oh wait."

Tinsel, just because your life hasn't changed doesn't mean millions of other people haven't been impacted by the president or other presidents.

I never understood why people say that.

Last edited:

Really :/

I cannot wait until the corporate tax rate gets lowered from 35% to 20% so I can get a extra 4k-9 k the lying Gop and Trump keeps saying I will get. LMAO.

Last edited:
you're kinda like the last of That 70's Guy meme, personified. *just* old enough to have benefitted from the New Deal, not young enough to have gotten fucked by its subsequent gutting, which really got moving under Reagan.

The gutting of the New Deal... I guess it does suck that there no longer is Social Security or Medicare for old people, Or Medicaid or welfare for poor people...it's really too bad that Presidents Kennedy and Johnson and Carter and Clinton and Obama stood idly by watching whoever it was that gutted the New Deal during their administrations went about the gutting...or when Nixon simply shifted Johnson's "Great
Society" to be federally funded just as much but administered more by the states and a titled "revenue sharing..." yeah and it's also too bad that Tip O'Neill and the Democratic majority in Congress during the Reagan Administration allowed the New Deal to burn down like The Fall of the House of Usher...

The gutting of the New Deal? For God sake.

Talk about revisionist history.

Really :/

I cannot wait until the corporate tax rate gets lowered from 35% to 20% so I can get a extra 4k-9 k the lying Gop and Trump keeps saying I will get. LMAO.

Cool.

What are you going to buy yourself?

Another Ferrari?

Tinsel, just because your life hasn't changed doesn't mean millions of other people haven't been impacted by the president or other presidents.

I never understood why people say that.

People say it because we don't have the ability to know what would've happened in a parallel universe, that's why people say that.

Take for example the 2000 election.

What if Al Gore had been elected president?

Would 911 not have happened?

Would the Iraq war not have happened?

I guess if Clinton had been elected, millions of illegal immigrants wouldn't have been deported and the Muslim banned wouldn't have happened.

Except Trump was elected president and all of that still didn't happen.

I guess if Clinton had been elected the Affordable Care Act wouldn't have been repealed by the Republican majority.

Except Trump was elected and the Affordable Care Act also hasn't been repealed by the Republican majority in Congress.

I guess if Clinton had been elected she would have struck a deal with Schumer and Polosi on the debt ceiling.

Except Trump was elected and he is the one on the struck the deal on the debt ceiling.

I guess that one lady who was going to the Cleveland clinic had to go back to the middle east and then come back again? I guess that kind of sucks for her.

Cool.

What are you going to buy yourself?

Another Ferrari?

I'm not in that tax bracket like you hollywood ;) and if you missed the sarcasm I will flip it right back to you as I get ready to get into my Dodge pickup truck. Maybe you don't want clean air, water, and fairness for everyone but I kinda doubt that because as you know there is nothing in this tax plan that will help me and my wife.

People say it because we don't have the ability to know what would've happened in a parallel universe, that's why people say that.

Take for example the 2000 election.

What if Al Gore had been elected president?

Would 911 not have happened?

Would the Iraq war not have happened?

I guess if Clinton had been elected, millions of illegal immigrants wouldn't have been deported and the Muslim banned wouldn't have happened.

Except Trump was elected president and all of that still didn't happen.

I guess if Clinton had been elected the Affordable Care Act wouldn't have been repealed by the Republican majority.

Except Trump was elected and the Affordable Care Act also hasn't been repealed by the Republican majority in Congress.

I guess if Clinton had been elected she would have struck a deal with Schumer and Polosi on the debt ceiling.

Except Trump was elected and he is the one on the struck the deal on the debt ceiling.

I guess that one lady who was going to the Cleveland clinic had to go back to the middle east and then come back again? I guess that kind of sucks for her.

I know you do not think its that simple. The conservatives have been waiting for this moment for a long time. They have every branch right now sadly.

I know you do not think its that simple. The conservatives have been waiting for this moment for a long time. They have every branch right now sadly.

I don't know how what you quoted gave you the impression that I think anything is simple.

I generally subscribe to the fate theory, that everything changes with the tiniest of events. I get annoyed when people say, "Yeah, but if he missed that FG, we would have won by 2 points." That's never true, because if the players made the FG, everything from that play on is different.

However, I fail to make the connection with your response to me with the whole parallel stuff. You are just making it about you that "nothing's happened to YOU" because of who is in office. You can't say the same about millions of other people. You are independent of those people, you aren't connected and you don't directly impact THEIR lives.

Last edited:
I generally subscribe to the fate theory, that everything changes with the tiniest of events. I get annoyed when people say, "Yeah, but if he missed that FG, we would have won by 2 points." That's never true, because if the players made the FG, everything from that play on is different.

However, I fail to make the connection with your response to me with the whole parallel stuff. You are just making it about you that "nothing's happened to YOU" because of who is in office. You can't say the same about millions of other people. You are independent of those people, you aren't connected and you don't directly impact THEIR lives.

Name one single thing that significantly change things for millions of people that was implemented singularly by any president.

When you think about it the fate theory will be applicable in every incident.

Let's take the Iraq war.

That effected millions of people under Bush.

Would anything have been substantially different if Gore had been elected?

We have no way of knowing.

Let's take FDR and the New Deal.

Prior to the election and FDR's inauguration, Hoover had already started substantially expanding the role of the federal government to address the crisis at hand.

Would a government expansion of the magnitude of the New Deal have occurred had Hoover been reelected?

We have no way of knowing.

No single person nor no millions of people have had their lives changed or not changed any more than I have as a result of any single presidential election.

Last edited:
How do you know? This doesn't make any sense man. You keep saying because YOUR life hasn't changed, their's haven't either.

So the millions of people who have cited that their lives have improved/regressed from the health care decisions, those guys weren't impacted by the President? Those people who are trying to get to the country, or already in the country and have been sent home, those haven't been impacted by new policies? I'm just not getting where you are coming from with this.

I feel like you are trying to get to the point that it all "evens" out among people. And that's just not true. Everyone is different, everyone has their own situations.

Last edited:
How do you know? This doesn't make any sense man. You keep saying because YOUR life hasn't changed, their's haven't either.

So the millions of people who have cited that their lives have improved/regressed from the health care decisions, those guys weren't impacted by the President? Those people who are trying to get to the country, or already in the country and have been sent home, those haven't been impacted by new policies? I'm just not getting where you are coming from with this.

I feel like you are trying to get to the point that it all "evens" out among people. And that's just not true. Everyone is different, everyone has their own situations.

Nothing has changed on healthcare for anyone. The Affordable Care Act is still the law of the land. Some say the ACA make shit better, some say it made shit worse.

Nothing has changed for people trying to get in or stay in the country. People can try to sneak in just as much as they were for the last several years.

There is nobody more eligible under the law for deportation under Trump than under Obama. I actually used to hear Obama supporters brag about how many people were deported during the Obama administration.

Obama established DACA via executive order; that said DACA really didn't change that much for anybody. DACA eligible residents already were generally not being deported anyway. I don't think a single person eligible for DACA has been deported since Trump became president.

Are you able to name one single of the millions of people whose lives have been changed drastically by name? Do you have actually one single name?

I guess maybe Scaramucci. His life has gotten kind of fucked up.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but most of this stuff is made up nonsense by an extremely partisan media that reports literally everything he does as if it's the worst thing a President has ever done and LGBTQ, black and brown people are going to die because Trump got out of bed whatever day it is. The boy has cried wolf too many times. I'm not that surprised by the numbers - I'm actually more surprised that people haven't responded the opposite way based on the absurd media coverage. I shouldn't be surprised at all I guess because I don't dislike him any more or less, I'm just bored with the mass hysteria over over every tweet or soundbite.

You say made up nonsense by partisan media, but a lot of us that see things the same way are Republican or Republican-leaning. Romney is not part of the liberal media. McCain is not part of the liberal media.

You say made up nonsense by partisan media, but a lot of us that see things the same way are Republican or Republican-leaning. Romney is not part of the liberal media. McCain is not part of the liberal media.

This is not possible.

Establishment GOP supporters are lockstep with Trump supporters.

Just ask turock.

You are speaking in terms of blanket stuff, and that does not apply to the individual person. When you say, "nothing has changed for healthcare for anyone," that is simply not true. I have people that are close to me that were impacted significantly because of the ACA. I have worked and encountered people in my job that say how it helped them, or how much it impacted them. So I don't know else to convey that when a new law was implement, millions of people's lives were altered, for the better or for the worse. If that's not a president and Congress impacting man and woman, I don't know what is. Healthcare was one way before the ACA, it changed because of specific legislature, and the impact was felt by millions.

As someone who works in higher ed and have worked in K-12, I can give you specific examples of legislature that changed and directly impacted my work.

Every decision that is made impacts lives in certain ways. Yes, for many people, they have done the same stuff and nothing's changed. But you cannot say that new policies from the White House haven't impacted people.

You actually said it yourself. "Some people have said it made things better, some worse." Wouldn't that be a direct reflection of new laws?? I think you are fixated on this "everything settles to the norm." You can't think that way. Everyone is unique.

Last edited:
Do you have actually one single name?

Viney Aneja ? North Carolina State University professor of air quality

Shahid Chaudhry ? California Energy Commission mechanical engineer

Susan Cozzens ? Georgia Tech Sociologist of science

Courtney Flint ? Utah State University Natural Resource Sociologist

Earthea Nance ? Texas Southern University Civil & Environmental Engineering

Paula Olsiewski ? Sloan Foundation Biochemist

Kenneth Reckhow ? Center for Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology at Duke University

Robert Richardson ? Michiagan State University Ecological Economist

Sandra Smith ? Principal Toxicologist AECOM Consultancy

Gina Solomon ? California EPA (Former senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council)

Ponisseril Somasundaran- Columbia University Professor of Mineral Engineering

John Thakaran ? Howard University Biochemical engineering

Tammy Taylor ? Chief Operating Officer of the National Security Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

You are speaking in terms of blanket stuff, and that does not apply to the individual person. When you say, "nothing has changed for healthcare for anyone," that is simply not true. I have people that are close to me that were impacted significantly because of the ACA. I have worked and encountered people in my job that say how it helped them, or how much it impacted them. So I don't know else to convey that when a new law was implement, millions of people's lives were altered, for the better or for the worse. If that's not a president and Congress impacting man and woman, I don't know what is. Healthcare was one way before the ACA, it changed because of specific legislature, and the impact was felt by millions.

As someone who works in higher ed and have worked in K-12, I can give you specific examples of legislature that changed and directly impacted my work.

Every decision that is made impacts lives in certain ways. Yes, for many people, they have done the same stuff and nothing's changed. But you cannot say that new policies from the White House haven't impacted people.

You actually said it yourself. "Some people have said it made things better, some worse." Wouldn't that be a direct reflection of new laws?? I think you are fixated on this "everything settles to the norm." You can't think that way. Everyone is unique.

Not to parse words, but in post #21 what I actually said was "nothing really changed..."

Kind of figurative language.

Does infinitesimal little shit change for me depending on the president? I guess...

I watch the news less now that Trump is POTUS. Under the ACA my wife started saving maybe ten bucks a month on birth control.

Our premiums have skyrocketed - I don't know if that's a result of the ACA or not. Probably at least somewhat.

I guess if you had money and assets and couldn't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition, the ACA maybe saved you from bankruptcy before you got eligible for Medicaid. I guess that would be a good thing for someone.

I guess if you had enlisted in the military before 911 to qualify later for college under the GI Bill and instead you had to go off to Iraq and got killed there...probably not as good.

You were talking about experiences that people you know had as a result of the ACA, and how changes in law and policies have changed stuff on your job.

Okay, cool, whateves...

I was talking about my experiences.

Is everybody but me allowed to talk about their own experiences?

Back