Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Misc Sports

Old 07-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #1

Floyd "Money" Mayweather

According to this article, he can't afford to pay his 2015 income taxes. He has asked the IRS for a temporary reprieve and will pay after his fight with McGregor.

What a dope

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...orary-reprieve

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #2

What do you expect when you give an idiot a large sum of money?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #3

A friend of mine watched him spend $100,000 in a jewelry store in Vegas in less than 20 minutes. Said it was the most bizarre thing he'd ever seen.

Last edited by sggatecl; 07-12-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
A friend of mine watched him spend $100,000 in a jewelry store in Vegas in less than 20 minutes. Said it was the most bizarre thing he'd ever seen.
I think I remember Scotty Pippen spent like 4m or more on a Jet. It came busted or something and it never flew.. Athletes have some weird spending habits, often end up broke.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 07-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Well whatever amount of money you spend in a jewelry store you're probably gonna spend it in less than twenty minutes.

I never spent anywhere $100,000 in a jewelry store, but whatever amount I ever spent, it happened in way less than twenty minutes.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Well whatever amount of money you spend in a jewelry store you're probably gonna spend it in less than twenty minutes.

I never spent anywhere $100,000 in a jewelry store, but whatever amount I ever spent, it happened in way less than twenty minutes.
I bought a house in 20 minutes. When you know what you want you just know..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 07-13-2017, 01:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post

Took me at least 20 minutes to pick out any piece of jewelry I ever bought my wife. And those were individual pieces. Floyd went in and bought multiple pieces for multiple people in his entourage. When you consider most jewelry is around $1k to $3k, that's basically one piece of jewelry every minute. That's crazy.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Took me at least 20 minutes to pick out any piece of jewelry I ever bought my wife. And those were individual pieces. Floyd went in and bought multiple pieces for multiple people in his entourage. When you consider most jewelry is around $1k to $3k, that's basically one piece of jewelry every minute. That's crazy.
One thought he was there prior or called etc and had stuff picked out .. something like that.

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 07-13-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
One thought he was there prior or called etc and had stuff picked out .. something like that.
It's possible. Still a really good example of how shitty the guy is with money.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:15 AM   #10

Quote:
It's possible. Still a really good example of how shitty the guy is with money.
Yep. And he's not a alone.