Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 25

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Santiago 2B
Young LF
Martinez DH
Betemit 3B
Kelly 1B
Peralta SS
Raburn/mudhen RF
Santos C
Fister P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310825130&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-tampa-bay-rays
Tigers vs. rays Game Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30370/doug-fister
Fister vs. rays.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30506/jeremy-hellickson
Tigers hitters vs. hellickson.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_25_detmlb_tbamlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310825130&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-tampa-bay-rays
Boxscore from espn

http://www.fanfeedr.com/mlb/2011/08/25/tigers-get-taste-of-life-without-miguel-cabrera-today
Tigers get taste of life today without Miguel Cabrera.
from motorcitybengals-tigersblog

too many mistakes in this lineup to list them all. once again, how can anyone back Leyland with a lineup like this!

Well I suppose Inge could be there which would make it the most horrible.

I'm glad I checked the schedule...for whatever reason I thought the game was on at 7. Everything is blurring together. Must be August!

You underestimate Leyland....he could've put Raburn in left and Ordonez in right as well as Inge at 3rd.

We all knew that today's line up with Boesch and Cabrera out for sure. We kinda expected Avila out of it too. Hopefully Fister can carry us to a 1-0 or 2-1 victory.

This lineup blows, but at least Alex if finally getting a rest. Would have been nice to DH him, but VMart is gimpy and can't play 1B.

kingofdetroit57 said:
This lineup blows, but at least Alex if finally getting a rest. Would have been nice to DH him, but VMart is gimpy and can't play 1B.

I agree that Avila needs a day off, but couldn't they throw him out there one more day until Cabrera gets back. this lineup could use a few more sticks.

hellifino said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

I agree that Avila needs a day off, but couldn't they throw him out there one more day until Cabrera gets back. this lineup could use a few more sticks.

That's why Santos is here. He goes back once Cabby gets back. Unless you want Inge behind the plate.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
hellifino said:

That's why Santos is here. He goes back once Cabby gets back. Unless you want Inge behind the plate.
who needs Santos,Avila has caught something like 17 days straight, what's one more gonna hurt. if Cabrera was playing it would be alright,but we need some bats in the lineup.

hellifino said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

who needs Santos,Avila has caught something like 17 days straight, what's one more gonna hurt. if Cabrera was playing it would be alright,but we need some bats in the lineup.

That's the point though. If he doesn't get today off he won't get any off because we have no other catchers. Now personally I'm not one that think players need days off even catchers. Catch 150 straight for all I care.

I have one word for this line-up

YUCK!!!

Anyway running errands and I have to do some things for my sister and dad... Try to get us in Boy's. Looks like its Dickerson and Price for me today....

Pretty bad lineup on paper but baseball is a strange game. The Tigers have pretty bad numbers against Hellickson anyways. Hopefully Fister can do what he was brought here to do.

hellifino said:
too many mistakes in this lineup to list them all. once again, how can anyone back Leyland with a lineup like this!
Do you wake up in the morning looking for something to bitch about?

tomdalton22 said:
hellifino said:

they bitch about his line ups almost daily....then if they happen to win all gets forgotten.....until the next day.

SLICK said:
tomdalton22 said:

they bitch about his line ups almost daily....then if they happen to win all gets forgotten.....until the next day.

We are not alone. Goes on with even the better hitting teams. Take the Yankees for instance, Leyland is smokey, Joe Girardi is Joe Ritardi, all those patient hitters, despite what some think is due to the rightfield at the stadium, lots of thunder, they take pitches instead of swinging at first pitch after our pitcher has a 25 plus pitch count the previous half inning.
Blame Leyland for some of these lineups, sure, argue about where a hitter is better suited, that too, but part of the blame has to go to Dombrowski for getting some of these players by way of FA/trade/weakdraftfarm.

tomdalton22 said:
hellifino said:
only when I see smoker do something stupid, how bout yourself?

Need a big day from some unsuspecting player in the lineup.

Back