Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Vikings @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

What offside? The attempted FG block?

Yes. Didn't give the team a chance to block it, or maybe the K misses the kick. I suppose that doesn't count. Plus he makes mistakes in games throughout the season.

Maybe some guys just get tired and give the appearance of taking a play off here and there in account of being tired since there out there all time after the cooter offense goes 3 and out for 3/4ths of most games

Maybe some guys just get tired and give the appearance of taking a play off here and there in account of being tired since there out there all time after the cooter offense goes 3 and out for 3/4ths of most games

Makes sense.

I love the morons saying "well keenum didn't have to play minnesotas defense." So when i tell you they are 4th in the league in passing... you guys understand that's a year to date kind of thing, right? They are in the same division playing against the same teams. They are 4th led by keenum. We are in the middle of the pack led by boy wonder. They have 1 - 2 guys I've ever heard of on their oline. 1 of them being someone we gave up on. Their using they're 3rd string rb, 3rd string qb and their #1 wr is from Minnesota State. I didn't even know that was a college until this week.

Last edited:
Next week could be tough as well. Ravens allowing fewer than 17 points per game.

I love the morons saying "well keenum didn't have to play our defense." So when i tell you they are 4th in the league in passing... you guys understand that's a year to date kind of thing, right? They are in the same division playing against the same teams. They are 4th led by keenum. We are in the middle of the pack led by boy wonder. They have 1 - 2 guys I've ever heard of on their oline. 1 of them being someone we gave up on. Their using they're 3rd string rb, 3rd string qb and their #1 wr is from Minnesota State. I didn't even know that was a college until this week.

That's the thing, there was virtually no difference in the defensive performance on either side.

Both played equally well against the run, both gave up the same passing windows, Vikings may have been penalized more. The difference was Vikings offense had less unforced errors. So they had longer drives.

Lions essentially played themselves on defense and Stafford and the offense just couldn't get it done.

Defense did enough to win. Ball at the end of the game with plenty of time is good. Especially when you turn the ball over and missed on at least 3 TDs

Last edited:
That's the thing, there was virtually no difference in the defensive performance on either side.

Both played equally well against the run, both gave up the same passing windows, Vikings may have been penalized more. The difference was Vikings offense had less unforced errors. So they had longer drives.

Lions essentially played themselves on defense and Stafford and the offense just couldn't get it done.

Defense did enough to win. Ball at the end of the game with plenty of time is good. Especially when you turn the ball over and missed on at least 3 TDs

Keenum had a 121 QB rating. They did not play him well.

He played better then them but he didn't have it any easier then Stafford.

Also 9.4 Y/PA given up by our defense. That's ridiculous. And when does Detroit ever win when giving up 27+ points? Probably not often. So no, I don't believe the defense did enough.

Last edited:
Also 9.4 Y/PA given up by our defense. That's ridiculous. And when does Detroit ever win when giving up 27+ points? Probably not often. So no, I don't believe the defense did enough.

You're right we don't have an offense to overcome. But again we you miss out on 18 points (14 of which were 100% unforced) it's tough on the defense. They were put on a short field, were out longer because our offense couldn't stay on the field.
This was more on the offense then the defense. You can't expect defense to score every game.or force three turnovers. Without the defense we may have half the wins.

You're right we don't have an offense to overcome. But again we you miss out on 18 points (14 of which were 100% unforced) it's tough on the defense. They were put on a short field, were out longer because our offense couldn't stay on the field.
This was more on the offense then the defense. You can't expect defense to score every game.or force three turnovers. Without the defense we may have half the wins.

The offense gives the defense some hard spots to work with, I'll give you that. The defense makes it tough on the offense. That's just the way it works in Detroit. For years. But short fields or not 9.4 Y/PA. Can't blame the offense for that.

I agree with end zone Dan, it would,have been even sweeter if he had directed that at Quinn and the coaching staff

If we need to vent at someone or something let's be upset that this isn't a compleltey football more so than this guy or that guy, your never going to get over the hump when your not balanced

Last edited:
If we need to vent at someone or something let's be upset that this isn't a compleltey football more so than this guy or that guy, your never going to get over the hump when your not balanced

That might be true. But I can see say Abdullah blows.

That might be true. But I can see say Abdullah blows.

I agree with that to, would really like to see the lions target a bigger back in the draft or free agency next year the team lacks a short yardege back you can count in to punch it in, it's a huge need

Last edited:
And a lack of a RB is not making Matt get attacked. How many throws does he completely miss on? Not just last night, or the weeks before and seasons before.. Those are not effect by the running game. When guys are wide open, he has time.. missed passes. How is that a RB problem. Many better QB's have had bad running games .. Just hit the open guys.. bam, we become better.

And a lack of a RB is not making Matt get attacked. How many throws does he completely miss on? Not just last night, or the weeks before and seasons before.. Those are not effect by the running game. When guys are wide open, he has time.. missed passes. How is that a RB problem. Many better QB's have had bad running games .. Just hit the open guys.. bam, we become better.

Im not sure but I think it's possible he's off when he feels rushed whether he is or not when he's not trusting the line he hurries his throws more and that is when you see him miss guys like that

Im not sure but I think it's possible he's off when he feels rushed whether he is or not when he's not trusting the line he hurries his throws more and that is when you see him miss guys like that

Then he shouldn't be on the field if he is scared.

To be fair I don't think that is it, I just think he's shown for 9 years he struggles with down field accuracy, this is just more proof. He has a strong arm but poor touch and accuracy over 10 yards

That's why we are the best when we mitigate his options. No surprise he put up his best stats when asked to throw within 5 yards of the LOS.

As we opened up the playbook that's when the inconsistent Stafford comes back.

Back