Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Random Red Wings Notes

For the Wings at least I could say I saw 4 cups so it's not bad for me as a fan. And in the 70's I was just a young kid, It's only the adults that get frustrated with sports teams.

The 226 losses suffered by the 4 Detroit sports teams in calendar year 2019 are not only the most in Detroit Sports History, but also the most by any city or market in any calendar year in the history of North American Professional Sports.
Stats researched by Dave Hogg

No coach blame. Even though I think some coaches are not really good, Patricia comes to mind, it's generally the GM's that should get the blame. Not Yzerman though, he's new.

Last edited:
There is a degree of coaching to blame.

Last season when the PP was decent it was because Larkin was the main setup man. Now its points+right wing doing the set up. Ie. their stategy is one where Mantha is still healthy.

Newsflash, Mantha been gone for weeks and will be gone for more.

You gotta adapt your strategy.

Adding Bowey to the PP is moronic unless you are planning on giving up shorties or giving him extra time in the shop window.

Blashill's dump it in strategy does not work. Unless you have Givani Smith going out there and digging the puck out cause nobody else seems to be capable of that.

I blame our last GM, and for as much as he's done over the past decades, started doling out bad contracts like they were candy.

Zadina is out 2-3 weeks.

I presume from a friendly shot he blocked against the Rangers.

Back