Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Pistons > NBA General Board

Old 05-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
well, if the Pistons had a lucky bounce of a ping pong ball in 2003, he would be the greatest Piston to ever play....and 99.9% of Pistons fans would love him.
Technically this isn't true. We got the second pick that year from Memphis, but that pick was top 1 protected. Had Memphis landed the top pick (Lebron), we wouldn't have gotten it.

That said, anyone who follows the NBA and who doesn't think Lebron is the greatest player of this generation and quickly closing on one of the greatest of all time are just plain wrong.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #72

lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyoneneedsasmil View Post
Technically this isn't true. We got the second pick that year from Memphis, but that pick was top 1 protected. Had Memphis landed the top pick (Lebron), we wouldn't have gotten it.

That said, anyone who follows the NBA and who doesn't think Lebron is the greatest player of this generation and quickly closing on one of the greatest of all time are just plain wrong.
I forgot that it was top pick protected. I guess I will have to change my comment to "let's assume the Cavs were stupid enough to take Darko and Lebron fell to the Pistons"
Old 05-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #73

Quote:

Can't compare Lebron and Jordon. Just can't do it - the game is so much different. I wonder "this generation", it depends on how old you are. Not my generation plus there is so many great players at certain positions.. It's hard to compare Lebron, and Jordon to a center like Jabbar or Wilt. Not sure why people do it..

Just say he's one of the best and leave it at that..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Can't compare Lebron and Jordon. Just can't do it - the game is so much different. I wonder "this generation", it depends on how old you are. Not my generation plus there is so many great players at certain positions.. It's hard to compare Lebron, and Jordon to a center like Jabbar or Wilt. Not sure why people do it..

Just say he's one of the best and leave it at that..
I think of the comparisons, Jordan and Lebron are a better shot than Lebron and Wilt or Jordan and Wilt. But trying to compare across different eras is really hard. It should be good enough to say that Lebron is one of the top 5 players ever, but for some it's best or nothing. Also, a lot of people who grew up watching Magic, or Bird, or Jordan, or Kobe are inordinately attached to that nostalgia and will denigrate anything that might tarnish it.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #75

Quote:
I think of the comparisons, Jordan and Lebron are a better shot than Lebron and Wilt or Jordan and Wilt. But trying to compare across different eras is really hard. It should be good enough to say that Lebron is one of the top 5 players ever, but for some it's best or nothing. Also, a lot of people who grew up watching Magic, or Bird, or Jordan, or Kobe are inordinately attached to that nostalgia and will denigrate anything that might tarnish it.
When he comes to needing some baskets at the end of the game I'm still partial to Zeke. He was clutch, and awesome all rolled into one.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!