Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #51
TheVictors   TheVictors is offline
Senior Member
 
TheVictors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: barstool at the end
Posts: 12,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
You mentioned you're former AF. I'm not military nor do I come from a family that has much military experience. How big of an error is that? Do you think it's common? If you have no idea, no worries, just curious.
From some elected officials with military backgrounds, this situation of non-reporting occurs too often ..
__________________
NO-BODY!!!!


I am the one and only turbo powered engine.



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #52
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
New one in N. California; sounds like the story still developing. Shooter apparently targeted an elementary schlool. link.
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #53
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
New one in N. California; sounds like the story still developing. Shooter apparently targeted an elementary schlool. link.
they posted mugshots of the shooter from this one... YIKES.

Although, as a well-brainwashed American citizen, I am reassured that the good that comes from keeping government tyranny at bay more than outweighs
the harm that comes from allowing every psychotic backwoods hillbilly and deranged lunatic to get their hands on an AR-15 with high capacity magazines and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #54
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
these mass shootings happen so often that our REALLY SHARP president can't even keep them straight. fuck!
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #55
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
... a school in New Mexico.
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #56
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
they posted mugshots of the shooter from this one... YIKES.

Although, as a well-brainwashed American citizen, I am reassured that the good that comes from keeping government tyranny at bay more than outweighs
the harm that comes from allowing every psychotic backwoods hillbilly and deranged lunatic to get their hands on an AR-15 with high capacity magazines and thousands of rounds of ammunition.
Apparently this guy "manufactured" his own AR-15.

maybe he 3-D printed it, which means gun laws are useless!

Gulo?
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #57
Gulo Blue   Gulo Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Gulo Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
Apparently this guy "manufactured" his own AR-15.

maybe he 3-D printed it, which means gun laws are useless!

Gulo?
A quick web search revealed nothing. The 2 ways this becomes a thing is if 1) 3D metal printers become reasonably accessible (not yet), 2) someone comes up with a good hybrid design where you add a few easily obtained metal parts to 3D printed parts.

I expect there to be a media reaction if either of those things happen.

I'm thinking this guy bought parts of different AR-15s and put them together and maybe modified something to make it noteworthy.
__________________
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #58
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Hard to keep up with this thread...

was just one in Galveston, TX.

a mom killed her sons, and husband in their sleep, then herself.

awful.

Although the NRA-types would say "Well, domestic disputes don't count. They're avoidable: just don't belong to a family that counts anyone who is clinically depressed, or psychotic as a member. Or who might lose their temper, grab a gun - which we've helped ensure are widely available - and shoot everyone. Simple enough."
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #59
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
Hard to keep up with this thread...

was just one in Galveston, TX.

a mom killed her sons, and husband in their sleep, then herself.

awful.

Although the NRA-types would say "Well, domestic disputes don't count. They're avoidable: just don't belong to a family that counts anyone who is clinically depressed, or psychotic as a member. Or who might lose their temper, grab a gun - which we've helped ensure are widely available - and shoot everyone. Simple enough."
Beyond the NRA, I'm pretty sure law enforcement wouldn't classify this as a mass shooting.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.