Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans

Old 02-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #31

Mega-conferences with and the lack of a double round robin schedule sucks for basketball.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMatt28 View Post
Well, we'll be facing an angry Purdue team now Saturday. Big time win for OSU to go in there and pull that off.

If we win Saturday the Big Ten race is suddenly up for grabs because I still see a potential loss or two on OSU's schedule.
Angry or not we'll have a crazy environment at Breslin, I like us in this matchup. Purdue doesn't rebound well, Haas is huge but moves about as fast as a beached whale. I think we can throw a lot of bodies at him and run, run, run, until he's gassed. Look for Schilling to get some quality minutes in this game, I think he can match up well defensively. Purdue is an inside/out offense and we can effectively disrupt the inside portion of that.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMatt28 View Post
Mega-conferences with and the lack of a double round robin schedule sucks for basketball.
I despise mega conferences for this reason. Regular season conference titles are meaningless now, just ask Indiana a couple years ago who wasn’t very good yet ducked every good team for multiple matchups. Even football sucks because a few games are dependent on who you might draw on the other side of the conference (like if a west team played rutgers Maryland and Indiana as their crossover games).

I believe SEC used to keep their divisions in place for basketball. I wish we did that as well.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
The Big Ten doesn't do tie breakers for the Big Ten Title, it would be a 3 way tie for the regular season crown.

For the Tourney seeding it would be OSU #1, MSU #2, and Purdue #3 based on head to head.
of course, that was a major brain fart on my part. And tiebreakers for seeding won't matter that much since all 3 will get byes for the "play in" and first full round - particularly for the 2 & 3 since they'd presumably play each other in the next round.