Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
Sbee   Sbee is offline
Senior Member
 
Sbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
he said he loves everybody. My gut says we have no shot at this kid. Interesting that he said KY is out - any particular reason? Not like they have any big PF commits from 2014 already.

my gut says it's a long shot due to our recent recruiting failures but he did tweet out a top 3 of MSU, DePaul, and KU a month ago, his coach was recently quoted as saying he talks about Izzo and MSU all the time.



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
LuciousGameWinner   LuciousGameWinner is online now
Senior Member
 
LuciousGameWinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbee View Post
my gut says it's a long shot due to our recent recruiting failures but he did tweet out a top 3 of MSU, DePaul, and KU a month ago, his coach was recently quoted as saying he talks about Izzo and MSU all the time.
We hear that all time. I love MSU and Izzo but I'll go to Kansas, Duke or Kentucky. I'm surprised we got Gary Harris last year.

Last edited by LuciousGameWinner; 09-23-2013 at 09:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
Sbee   Sbee is offline
Senior Member
 
Sbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciousGameWinner View Post
We hear that all time. I love MSU and Izzo but I'll go to Kansas, Duke or Kentucky. I'm surprised we got Gary Harris last year.

Tum Tum is going to announce late this week
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #24
LuciousGameWinner   LuciousGameWinner is online now
Senior Member
 
LuciousGameWinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,815
That probably means it's us right? It's funny how SMU stole Kentuckys guy and then they take ours and then we take Wisconsins. Domino effect.
At least I think he was a Wisconsin lean until we came in the picture.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
Sbee   Sbee is offline
Senior Member
 
Sbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciousGameWinner View Post
That probably means it's us right? It's funny how SMU stole Kentuckys guy and then they take ours and then we take Wisconsins. Domino effect.
At least I think he was a Wisconsin lean until we came in the picture.

Nairs? I don't think he had a Wisconsin offer, it's MSU, IU, Oklahoma, and Minnesota. he has a KU offer but eliminated them
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
LuciousGameWinner   LuciousGameWinner is online now
Senior Member
 
LuciousGameWinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbee View Post
Nairs? I don't think he had a Wisconsin offer, it's MSU, IU, Oklahoma, and Minnesota. he has a KU offer but eliminated them
Don't know where I got Wisc. Any word on what team is ahead?

Are we really in the running for Looney? Everyone here seems to only talk about Cliff and Tyus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
Sbee   Sbee is offline
Senior Member
 
Sbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciousGameWinner View Post
Don't know where I got Wisc. Any word on what team is ahead?

Are we really in the running for Looney? Everyone here seems to only talk about Cliff and Tyus.
tyus is long gone, he's going to duke most likely

we're still in line for an official from looney next month

cliff is tough to read, he put us in his top 3 recently and dropped UK. everyone thinks he's a uk lead

as for tum tum, some analysts are changing their predictions from MSU to Oklahoma or IU, not good
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #28
LuciousGameWinner   LuciousGameWinner is online now
Senior Member
 
LuciousGameWinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,815
Also if we miss out on Alexander, Jones and Okafor...where do we go from there? We need a big class here and it seems less and less likely every day. I'm know I'm being a little pessimistic but I don't think we land even one of those guys.
As bad as Dawson is at dribbling and shooting he is projected as a second round pick. It is very possible that we lose 4 starters this year. Not looking too good right now...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
LuciousGameWinner   LuciousGameWinner is online now
Senior Member
 
LuciousGameWinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbee View Post
tyus is long gone, he's going to duke most likely

we're still in line for an official from looney next month

cliff is tough to read, he put us in his top 3 recently and dropped UK. everyone thinks he's a uk lead

as for tum tum, some analysts are changing their predictions from MSU to Oklahoma or IU, not good
We just need one person to commit already so others can follow. Looking very bleak right now
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #30
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,966
As much as I hate them, Izzo needs a legit one-and-done point guard (PF wouldn't hurt either) to pad his NBA alumni roster. As much as you love guys like Cleaves, Lucas and Appling (or not) kids look at them then look at the PGs that played at UK, UNC, KU, Duke - hard to compete with that - even with guys who aren't one-and-done talent. They want to play for a guy that puts PGs in the NBA.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 09-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.