Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Pistons > NBA General Board

Old 07-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #11

Durant's improvement as an all around player cannot be understated. He was a 28-8-5 player last season and has become an excellent defender. He's a better defensive rebounder than people realize too. Having played with Westbrook he has learned to play without the ball better and be more efficient.

The Golden State fast break is going to be unreal this year.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #12

NBA is such trash lol. Hope 25+ teams just tank.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #13

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmime5qXgAA9zQa.jpg:large
New NBA odds for next season.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinecountry View Post
Plus we loved the Celtics announcer who most everyone else hated, the legendary Johnny Most....."Havlicek Stole The Ball", "Bird Steals The Pass over to DJ Lays It Up And In".
That's just cold. That day bothered me for a while.. Finally beat Boston "what just happened?" Went from dancing in the streets to crying in your sleep.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
That's just cold. That day bothered me for a while.. Finally beat Boston "what just happened?" Went from dancing in the streets to crying in your sleep.
The Havlicek was either vs. the 76'ers or the Lakers. Was Bird stealing to DJ vs. the Pistons? if so sorry. But the Pistons beat them and finally won some championships.
Got screwed vs. the Lakers on a phantom foul to Kareem? Believe me, everyone here wanted the Pistons to beat LA.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #16

Name me a 5 man unit from the rest of the NBA better than Curry, Klay, Iguadala, Durant, and Green.

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close. The next 5 might be Cousins, George, Liliard, Lowry, and Wall wouldn't be as good as GS.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
Name me a 5 man unit from the rest of the NBA better than Curry, Klay, Iguadala, Durant, and Green.

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close. The next 5 might be Cousins, George, Liliard, Lowry, and Wall wouldn't be as good as GS.
That 3rd Lineup is gross lol
Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close.
Paul, Leonard, James and any 2 "all star caliber" players would be better than GS's starting 5
Old 07-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #19

Fun game. Rather than look for a better lineup, I'll just try to figure out the best overall starting 5.

PG - Curry: He's the reigning two time MVP and obvious choice.
SG - Butler: If I could pick any guard, I'd probably take Westbrook, but for true SGs, Butler is at the top because he defends, then Harden-Middleton-Thompson.
SF - Leonard: Reigning DPOY and also one of the top 10 scorers in the league. It was tough between him and Durant, but what edge KD has in offense, Leonard more than makes up in defense.
PF - Lebron: Again between him and Durant, as both spent significant time at PF last year. This might change in a year as Lebron ages, but as of last year, his all-around skillset was still a bit better.
C - Green: A bit of a cheat as he didn't spend as much time here as you might think (only about 20% of his minutes). But if you count him here, he's by far the easiest pick.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyoneneedsasmil View Post
Fun game. Rather than look for a better lineup, I'll just try to figure out the best overall starting 5.

PG - Curry: He's the reigning two time MVP and obvious choice.
SG - Butler: If I could pick any guard, I'd probably take Westbrook, but for true SGs, Butler is at the top because he defends, then Harden-Middleton-Thompson.
SF - Leonard: Reigning DPOY and also one of the top 10 scorers in the league. It was tough between him and Durant, but what edge KD has in offense, Leonard more than makes up in defense.
PF - Lebron: Again between him and Durant, as both spent significant time at PF last year. This might change in a year as Lebron ages, but as of last year, his all-around skillset was still a bit better.
C - Green: A bit of a cheat as he didn't spend as much time here as you might think (only about 20% of his minutes). But if you count him here, he's by far the easiest pick.
How would your lineup do vs.

PG Paul
SG Harden
SF KD
C Cousins
FP A Davis