Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics

Old 11-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
Not the locals, but the service branch who DDed him.
so you think that the Air Force is responsible to follow him on facebook and report him if he posts a picture of him with a gun?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
I don't blame them... who would rat on a homicidally crazy person with an assault rifle? I doubt very much the local PD would take an interest in doing jack shit about it.
I don't know that anybody who actually knew him thought he was homicidally crazy until the event.

I'm hearing reports that everyone who knew him in life is shocked and is saying they never would have thought it possible that he would snap this way.

I'm hearing that on the internet he was brash, and impolite and insulting and abusive with basically strangers who disagreed with him on shit...but...ya know...

EDIT: Maybe his wife and his in laws might not be that shocked. I haven't heard any of their reactions reported yet.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna

Last edited by tinselwolverine; 11-06-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
so you think that the Air Force is responsible to follow him on facebook and report him if he posts a picture of him with a gun?
I posted no such thing, and have no idea how you got that from it. My reply was to michchamp about reporting Kelley to his former service branch, not the LEOs.

Last edited by turok; 11-06-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #24

Quote:
I posted no such thing, and have no idea how you got that from it. My reply was to michchamp about reporting Kelley to the LEOs.
It sounded like you thought the service branch that gave him a dishonorable discharge was somehow responsible.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #25

So apparently the system, which seemingly is supposed to have red flagged this guy as too dangerous to legally be able to obtain a gun, for his military conviction of a violent crime and his dishonorable discharge, failed.

Apparently this crazy wacko may have gone to the church to target his mother in law or ex-mother in law, with whom he had been having conflicts.

I'm hearing he described himself as a "militant atheist," which I guess is a more ideologically and spiritually pure and dogmatic kind of atheist than your typical day to day, garden variety non-believer.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 11-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
It sounded like you thought the service branch that gave him a dishonorable discharge was somehow responsible.
Kelley lost his right to own firearms as a result of his dishonorable discharge, not from committing a felony as a civilian. So it follows that the USAF or OPM is the agency to report him to.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Kelley lost his right to own firearms as a result of his dishonorable discharge, not from committing a felony as a civilian. So it follows that the USAF or OPM is the agency to report him to.
We don't know yet that they didn't. I'm hearing that it's simply possible that he just lied on his application and it slipped through the cracks.

In any event, like I pointed out a post or so ago...the system failed somewhere along the way.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
So apparently the system, which seemingly is supposed to have red flagged this guy as too dangerous to legally be able to obtain a gun, for his military conviction of a violent crime and his dishonorable discharge, failed.

Apparently this crazy wacko may have gone to the church to target his mother in law or ex-mother in law, with whom he had been having conflicts.

I'm hearing he described himself as a "militant atheist," which I guess is a more ideologically and spiritually pure and dogmatic kind of atheist than your typical day to day, garden variety non-believer.
The gunshop where he purchased the rifle, perhaps including the weapons and ammo found in his vehicle, may have at least some culpability in this tragedy. Its kinda pointless to take an applicant's word for it, why bother with registrations, if all that it takes to be approved, is to lie on them?

Last edited by turok; 11-06-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #29

Quote:
IF someone that had knowledge that he shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, and wanted to report him to an agency, the USAF would not be the agency. It would be the local authorities. The USAF is not in the business of monitoring civilian gun ownership.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #30

Quote:
The gunshop where he purchased the rifle, perhaps including the weapons and ammo found in his vehicle, may have at least some culpability in this tragedy. Its kinda pointless to take an applicant's word for it, why bother with registrations, if all that it takes to be approved, is to lie on them?
Yes, this might be the case.