Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics

Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #1

Corporations may get permanent Tax cuts

But not everyone Else sadly. Republicans in Washington are so out of touch.

https://slate.com/business/2017/11/g...yone-else.html
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
But not everyone Else sadly. Republicans in Washington are so out of touch.

https://slate.com/business/2017/11/g...yone-else.html
corporate tax rates do need to be reduced
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
corporate tax rates do need to be reduced
Hi, I'm Tom Dalton, a spokesman for the American Enterprise Institute,
and US Chamber of Commerce.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #4

No they don't . They get enough breaks . Funny how the Republicans clamor about the national debt when the Democrats are in charge but do not give a rats ass about it when they run the gov't !!!
RUN up that military Complex industrial debt !!! We need to spit shine those Nukes for another 5 trillion !!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 11-15-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
No they don't . They get enough breaks . Funny how the Republicans clamor about the national debt when the Democrats are in charge but do not give a rats ass about it when they run the gov't !!!
RUN up that military Complex industrial debt !!! We need to spit shine those Nukes for another 5 trillion !!!
https://www.investopedia.com/article...-americans.asp
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #6

I agree with Tom dalton the us corp tax rates are too damn high

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/54179...e-in-the-world

Lower them and repatriate..and one year later I'd still vote for trump today and thank god every morning shillary didn't win. The only thing I'm not happy about is sessions and his old out of touch postion on the drug war and MJ I would like to see trump fire him and replace him with someone who is on the right side of that..I'd then go back into all the MJ stocks hand over fist if that where to occur.

Last edited by tigermud; 11-15-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #7

lol...so many corporations have paid little or no taxes ...for years, if not decades. Fucking delusional dupes that keep buying into the same tax-cut BS that has been pushed for the past 35 years. Where are all the good paying jobs then? Instead, they have "trickled out" of the country via offshoring and outsourcing....just like corporate profits have via their armies of lawyers and accountants.

Jobs are created by consumer demand, but when the people have less discretionary income, b/c of the rising cost of living and stagnant wages, they will spend on necessities only...or maybe pay down their student loans. If some are DINKs, then most of the money that they spend on products and services creates more jobs elsewhere anyway. My parents were the last to have lived in a true boom time, post-WWII when they made, operated, repaired, and managed the products and services that they purchased and leased. The dotcom and housing bubbles of the 90s. were quickly popped. Giving these businesses tax-cuts just means that they can fire some of their lawyers and accountants, and/or invest in AI, robotics, and automation.

But I really don't fucking care anymore. Trump was the last straw. If too much of the people are willing to vote for the same people who swore an oath twice, but renege on the first for the second in Grover Norquist, then they so "richly" deserve whats coming to them...which is less than nothing.

I have both a railroad retirement and federal government pension coming a year from now. Also have the same FEHB as Republicans in Congress, who want to deny them to their own stupid contituents who vote for them. Didn't pay into SS while employed by a railroad, which is/was the ONLY privately owned and operated business where that is lawful.

Last edited by turok; 11-16-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
lol...so many corporations have paid little or no taxes ...for years, if not decades. Fucking delusional dupes that keep buying into the same tax-cut BS that has been pushed for the past 35 years. Where are all the good paying jobs? Instend, they have "trickled out" of the country via offshoring and outsourcing....just like corporate profits have via their armies of lawyers and accountants.
you do understand that they ship their profits out of the country because the US has such a high corporate tax rate.

These companies are free to do what they want. If it makes more sense to move a headquarters out of country because of lower taxes, shouldn't they do it?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
I agree with Tom dalton the us corp tax rates are too damn high

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/54179...e-in-the-world

Lower them and repatriate..and one year later I'd still vote for trump today and thank god every morning shillary didn't win. The only thing I'm not happy about is sessions and his old out of touch postion on the drug war and MJ I would like to see trump fire him and replace him with someone who is on the right side of that..I'd then go back into all the MJ stocks hand over fist if that where to occur.
NPR is just another right wing blog, like The Drudge Report and Breitbart.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 11-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
NPR is just another right wing blog, like The Drudge Report and Breitbart.
LOL, thumbs up for you!