Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans

Old 12-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #11

Scott really needs another year. He's good but not NFL ready by any means.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan23MSU View Post
Ill expect another good triggering when we win AGAIN next year. "I hate all spartans and alum (tears rolling)" That was the best.

MSU hoops by 25 this year. The good thing is michigan will only endure one ass kicking this year since they only play each other once. you have to take some solace in that.
sucks the one game is at Breslin. but you are probably right about the score, unless we get hot and drain 3's like they're going out of style that day.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
sucks the one game is at Breslin. but you are probably right about the score, unless we get hot and drain 3's like they're going out of style that day.

At this point the spread would probably be MSU -14. Im never too comfortable playing any team in the Big 10 but it does help its a home game.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:10 PM   #14

6 of the last 8 seasons with 10+ wins. 5-1 in our last 6 bowl games. Returning everyone next year. 8/10 vs our main rival. 15 years ago if you had told me we would be at this point I would have thought you were crazy. Heck, 6 months ago if you would have said we'd go 10-3 with a team starting mostly underclassmen and that we'd beat UM and Penn State I would have laughed.

Coach D has changed this program forever.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
6 of the last 8 seasons with 10+ wins. 5-1 in our last 6 bowl games. Returning everyone next year. 8/10 vs our main rival. 15 years ago if you had told me we would be at this point I would have thought you were crazy. Heck, 6 months ago if you would have said we'd go 10-3 with a team starting mostly underclassmen and that we'd beat UM and Penn State I would have laughed.

Coach D has changed this program forever.
... he says, as he stares in the mirror and jerks off
Old 12-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #16

Let's not anoint us as offseason big ten champions just yet. We got absolutely pounded by OSU, I think they should always be the favorite in the East. You have to have a lot of things go right to beat them, we've done it more than anyone recently but they're just so loaded.

We should have a good team, favorable schedule, and we'll be in contention. I do like it when MSU has that sneak up factor, that's helped us in a number of games, we won't have that next year.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbee View Post
Let's not anoint us as offseason big ten champions just yet. We got absolutely pounded by OSU, I think they should always be the favorite in the East. You have to have a lot of things go right to beat them, we've done it more than anyone recently but they're just so loaded.

We should have a good team, favorable schedule, and we'll be in contention. I do like it when MSU has that sneak up factor, that's helped us in a number of games, we won't have that next year.
Agree. We should be very good. Problem is the other teams in the Big Ten East aren't going anywhere either. OSU and PSU might take small steps backwards, but probably only very small, and UM should be much better. Should be an interesting race next year.

Actually looking at the depth charts, PSU loses a lot on D but should still be strong on O. OSU will be loaded again unless they lose some kids early.

Last edited by MSUMatt28; 12-30-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMatt28 View Post
Agree. We should be very good. Problem is the other teams in the Big Ten East aren't going anywhere either. OSU and PSU might take small steps backwards, but probably only very small, and UM should be much better. Should be an interesting race next year.

Actually looking at the depth charts, PSU loses a lot on D but should still be strong on O. OSU will be loaded again unless they lose some kids early.
OSU should still be considered the favorite. Maybe we could be considered co favorites. Penn State loses some on D and Barkley, they should be 3rd.

It's going to take a fantastic team to win the Big Ten East. We have a great shot though.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
OSU should still be considered the favorite. Maybe we could be considered co favorites. Penn State loses some on D and Barkley, they should be 3rd.

It's going to take a fantastic team to win the Big Ten East. We have a great shot though.
I'd put UM ahead of PSU. The fact that they won 8 games with as bad as their quarterbacking was (seriously, O'Korn made Tyler O'Connor look like an All-Pro) speaks to what they had defensively. Well, Patterson solves a bunch of that and most of their D will be back.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMatt28 View Post
I'd put UM ahead of PSU. The fact that they won 8 games with as bad as their quarterbacking was (seriously, O'Korn made Tyler O'Connor look like an All-Pro) speaks to what they had defensively. Well, Patterson solves a bunch of that and most of their D will be back.
O line was their biggest issue and it's going to be worse next season. Patterson is also no better than O'Korn was at Houston. Remarkably similar actually.