Old 12-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #1

Worst Anti-Science BS of 2017

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...hal-injection/
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Only linking to reports from Mother Jones is a little like only linking to reports from her crazy son Alex's INFOWARS.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 12-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Only linking to reports from Mother Jones is a little like only linking to reports from her crazy son Alex's INFOWARS.
I disagree
Old 12-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
I disagree
The article talks about the expansion of private prisons as being part of a deportation plan.

Now...how are people gonna be simultaneously incarcerated AND deported?

EDIT: Oh...that was from a different Mother Jones report that was linked to...

Here is a ranking of conservative to liberal leaning of media outlets; although the source is questionable; it's actually only the University of Michigan itself.

So Mother Jones is ranked far left, along with the Huffington post.

Now, if a person considers themselves as left or progressive or far left, fine; just keep linking only to Mother Jones; but it's really no different from only linking to Breitbart, or quoting Sean Hannity, or some such thing.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna

Last edited by tinselwolverine; 12-30-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #5

Quote:
The article talks about the expansion of private prisons as being part of a deportation plan.

Here is a ranking of conservative to liberal leaning of media outlets; although the source is questionable; it's actually only the University of Michigan itself.

Now, if a person considers themselves as left or progressive or far left, fine; just keep linking only to Mother Jones; but it's really no different from only linking to Breitbart, or quoting Sean Hannity, or some such thing.

I disagree. Mj may be left but at least they try and get the facts right .I have read some of the articles in which reporters go really in depth . Like the for profit prison system a few months back. They do a lot of research and I post plenty other sites on here other then Mother Jones . Tell me anything posted is not factual compared to Fox and Briertbart who in fact tell everyone they are for entertainment purposes, and besides the left is on the right side of history, and it will play out that way in the next 100 years. Too bad i will be dead.

There is nothing out there worse then Alex Jones, Briertbart, and Fox Entertainment Network. The right arm of the GOP lol

Last edited by biggunsbob; 12-30-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:

Am I reading this right ? Publication date 1996 ?
Old 12-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #7

Quote:

There is nothing out there worse then Alex Jones, Briertbart, and Fox Entertainment Network. The right arm of the GOP lol
Okay.

When I read those Mother Jones articles there's a lot more speculation and projections than actual corroborative data, at least that's how I see it.

I also don't pay attention to Breitbart and Fox either.

Alex Jones - I used him as kind a joke - "Mother Jones's crazy son Alex."

Old 12-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #8

Quote:

While I put Mother Jones right next to Salon on the left/right scale, this particular article cited many sources, some of which are just standard .gov websites. Was there a particular topic in that list you disagreed with? If not, why is the political slant of MoJo relevant?

You're never going to find a 'top 10 list' on a neutral or respectable website or reporting service. They are better at hiding their click bait. So if this is the kind of thing Bob digs, he really doesn't have a choice.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Am I reading this right ? Publication date 1996 ?
I don't see 1996 in the article.

There's a link to a Pew Research report from 2014 and another link to a report from AllSides from spring of this year, so if this study from the University of Michigan was published in 1996, man, as great as I think Michigan is, I gotta say, that is really some forward thinking and visionary shit.

I'm kidding.

I see the report citing the Drudge Report as having been established in 1996.

Maybe that's what you were looking at.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
While I put Mother Jones right next to Salon on the left/right scale, this particular article cited many sources, some of which are just standard .gov websites. Was there a particular topic in that list you disagreed with? If not, why is the political slant of MoJo relevant?

You're never going to find a 'top 10 list' on a neutral or respectable website or reporting service. They are better at hiding their click bait. So if this is the kind of thing Bob digs, he really doesn't have a choice.
A person can be as liberal or conservative as they want.

If a person only cites Mother Jones or Salon or the Huffington Post, to me it's the same as if a person only cites Breitbart or Sean Hannity.

That was my point in post #2; I used Alex Jones as the example because I got to refer to him as the "crazy son of Mother Jones..."

That said...

If a person who reads my posts doesn't realize that my political posts are - the vast majority of them anyway - are a mixture of serious and satiric and facetious...I'm kinda not communicating to that person in the way I want my posts to be communicative...

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot...the University of Michigan report does link to a number of reports that list many media outlets as being neutral or centrist...way more than ten, actually...