Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics

Old 12-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
That was my point in post #2; I used Alex Jones as the example because I got to refer to him as the "crazy son of Mother Jones..."
I'm absolutely using that in the future.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot...the University of Michigan report does link to a number of reports that list many media outlets as being neutral or centrist...way more than ten, actually...
I meant as far as titles of web pages. "TOP TEN WAYS TRUMP IS RUINING THE COUNTRY" and such.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2017, 11:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
I'm absolutely using that in the future.
Almost nobody knows this, but Mother Jones has had a long running feud with her own crazy sister in law, Mother Goose...

Quote:
I meant as far as titles of web pages. "TOP TEN WAYS TRUMP IS RUINING THE COUNTRY" and such.
Of course.

And I really am bothered by the way Trump comports himself in his behavior as President of the United States.

That said...conservative news outlets were talking about the way that Obama was ruining the country...

And before that...liberal news outlets were talking about the ways Bush W....was ruining the country...

And so forth before with Clinton, and Reagan (G.H.W Bush libs didn't care that much about) and Carter and Nixon/Ford and so forth...

Pretty much every president has been ruining this country going back to since Washington chose not to run for a third term...

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 12-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:

Pretty much every president has been ruining this country going back to since Washington chose not to run for a third term...
So I think the summary is George Washington ruined the country.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #14

Quote:
So I think the summary is George Washington ruined the country.
More likely John Adams.

And the country isn't ruined.

It's just that every president leaves office with the country more close to ruin than it was when he took office.

Except in the eyes of supporters of the newly elected president.

The newly elected president is always the tits, in the eyes of his supporters.

Except we have yet to have a president who literally has or has had tits.

Taft looked like he had tits, but really they were just man boobs.

That's why we continually to refer to hypothetical presidents in male pronouns.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 12-31-2017, 10:35 AM   #15

Those old guys would love to get their hands on a machine gun!!!!!!. Fuck all political parties and espically the 2 party lock the Democrats and Republicans have on Americans in 2017.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 01-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Only linking to reports from Mother Jones is a little like only linking to reports from her crazy son Alex's INFOWARS.

The alt-right and fundievangelicals have dragged conservativism so far to the right, that what was once considered to be centrist is now leftist. Billionaires like the Koch brothers have spent millions lobbying and influencing public opinion by attempting to turn government programs and services into some kind of Marxist plot. As well as villifying unions as all being run by mob syndicates for organized crime.

Last edited by turok; 01-01-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #17

Good news

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...x-office-2017/
Old 01-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
Looks like the Christian far right propaganda Machine can claim victory and all school books can change the earth to being only 6000 years old! Science is just not on the far rights side but sadly all the trolls think their fake science data, and the Trump administration is the dumbest.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 01-01-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Looks like the Christian far right propaganda Machine can claim victory and all school books can change the earth to being only 6000 years old! Science is just not on the far rights side but sadly all the trolls think their fake science data, and the Trump administration is the dumbest.
I don't recall reading anything in that article about the earth only being 6,000 years old, personally I don't subscribe to that theory, some of the artifacts on mars and the moon are hundreds of thousands of years old for krised sakes
Old 01-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
The original Blade Runner wasn't a box-office smash either, and was moreso a sci-fi dystopean film noir regarding the use of genetically engineered replicants with short lifespans and specialized skilllsets to better survive the inhospitable environments of space and non-life supporting planets and moons for mining their resources.

The film later grew to cult status, once it was released on VHS video, like many sci-fi flicks before and after it.

Not so much about what was happening on Earth climate-wise, and the film was set in the rainy Pacific Northwest, where coincidentally most tech companies are located. I haven't watched the long delayed sequel yet, although I do have a downloaded bootleg copy of it.

But I don't have to directly experience the effects of climate change in the weather outdoors every day to know that its real, not to mention the distinct lack of varied bird species, bats, squirrels, and beneficial insects like spiders, honeybees, bumblebees, and butterlies where I live now, less than 2 miles from my childhood home in the 60s, when such natural diversity in my neighborhood was once plentiful.

Last edited by turok; 01-01-2018 at 07:57 PM.