Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harlon Barnett hired by Florida State as DC

johnny2x2x

Big loss to the staff, he was well liked and respected and was a solid recruiter. Barnett is the whole reason we offered Josiah Scott, he lobbied hard for him.

Dantonio is a defensive backs coach at heart, he'll find a great replacement.

Big pay raise coming his way. Hopefully he can perform well and become a head coach somewhere.

He was a Spartan defensive back for my freshman and sophomore years and was one of our best players - really hard hitter, team captain and All American. I saw him and a group of other football players play hoops at IM west a bunch of times - actually had the misfortune of having to play against them once. They were so much bigger and more athletic, they dominated just about everyone.

If he's a great recruiter that will be a loss, but I liked him as a position coach a lot more than as a coordinator. I hope he's better than I'm giving him credit for and he's successful at FSU and wherever else he may end up.

Hopefully we don't add another co-coordinator. I've grown to really dislike that structure. If Tressel is capable, make the DC, if not demote or get rid of him and bring in 1 person to do the job.

This is a big loss, not just as the primary recruiter for southern Ohio, but cosmetically as well. He takes a lateral move, makes us look more like a have not than a have. That being said, Jimbo Fisher left FSU for A&M. Also, give him some credit for getting MSU back to a top 10 national defense, especially after all of the offseason losses.

Staff continuity has been huge for MSU, Barnett was a big part of the culture here and the players loved him.

Back