Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #11
Gulo Blue   Gulo Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Gulo Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
of those eligible to vote, only 55-60% vote during presidential election years. Only 35-40% vote the mid-terms. It must be because the polls are too far from their houses and it's too difficult to register.
With Tinsel's plan and a little bit of voter fraud, I think we can hit 120%.
__________________
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo Blue View Post
With Tinsel's plan and a little bit of voter fraud, I think we can hit 120%.
the kind of people that believe voter ID fraud is a problem aren't going to get that you're kidding here.
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #13
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
...


Just looked it up. 27 states allow and the district of Columbia allow you to mail in your ballot with no excuse necessary. 20 other states you need to give a reason for the absentee ballot.
Whoa... when did you learn to look things up?

This is a big deal. all the other Republican posters here just copy/paste right from Fox/Breitbart/Infowars
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
If the button is gonna give whoever pushes it an orgasm people are gonna push it, it doesn't matter where on the phone it is.
pass the orb...

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #15
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo Blue View Post
I'm burned out on arguments about how it's not such a big hurdle and everyone should be able to meet these measures.

We collectively obsess about the position of a button on a cell phone making it more or less likely for people to actually use a feature and then act like we can't understand how going to an office and filling out a form might impact voting numbers.
I know, right? It's bad enough that our bosses expect us to show up to an office or a factory or some other kind of building. And if you don't have a job, you might have to go to that building and fill out a form AND talk to a person to get one. then, if you get that job you'll probably have to fill out more forms (plural) to get paid - you might even have to show ID. The horror! It's amazing the unemployment rate isn't 100%

Last edited by Spartanmack; 01-08-2018 at 04:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #16
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
Whoa... when did you learn to look things up?

This is a big deal. all the other Republican posters here just copy/paste right from Fox/Breitbart/Infowars
we're making progress. maybe some day the leftist posters here will do a little research instead of blaming racism for the reason behind everything they don't like.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #17
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,965
if you think voter ID laws are racist, you're probably racist. the soft bigotry of low expectations...

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #18
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
if you think voter ID laws are racist, you're probably racist. the soft bigotry of low expectations...

The black people in this video represent the 5 or so percent of black people who are Republicans.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #19
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
The black people in this video represent the 5 or so percent of black people who are Republicans.
shhhhh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #20
Gulo Blue   Gulo Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Gulo Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
I know, right? It's bad enough that our bosses expect us to show up to an office or a factory or some other kind of building. And if you don't have a job, you might have to go to that building and fill out a form AND talk to a person to get one. then, if you get that job you'll probably have to fill out more forms (plural) to get paid - you might even have to show ID. The horror! It's amazing the unemployment rate isn't 100%
You're comparing motivation to do something that pays to something that doesn't pay.
__________________
Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.