Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

About to get involuntarily rebranded as a Dem.

Gowdy is one of my favorite politicians and I would never accuse him of leaning left but he's definitely no fan of Trump. That said, I think the guy has more integrity than anyone in congress and he's also a brilliant lawyer so I take him at his word - right or wrong, I believe this is his honest interpretation.

I mostly remember Trey Gowdy from his highly touted "investigation" of Hilary Clinton that accomplished nothing other than waste taxpayers' time and money, two things Conservatives pretend to care about. "Brilliant" in Conservative parlance translates as "willing to do or say whatever our side needs or wants right now."

From his wikipedia page:

In July 2015, Republican nominee Donald Trump named Gowdy as a possible nominee for United States Attorney General in a Trump cabinet.[44] In late December 2015, Gowdy endorsed Senator Marco Rubio for president, praising him as a rarity among elected officials for having kept his campaign promises.[45] Gowdy's endorsement strained his relations with Donald Trump's campaign; Trump said that Gowdy had "failed miserably on Benghazi".[46][47] Rubio withdrew from the race in March, after losing his home state of Florida to Trump. Two months later, on May 20, Gowdy endorsed Trump for president, admitting that while he was a "Rubio guy", he would support the presumptive Republican nominee.[48] After the dismissal of FBI Director Comey, Gowdy was being considered for his replacement. However, the veteran representative told Attorney General Sessions that he wanted to remain in his congressional seat.[49]

LOL, he was a Rubio Guy! I'm guessing the hardcore MAGA crowd considers him less "brilliant" right now.

for the record, the House Select Committee on Benghazi accomplished nothing, other than blaming Clinton & the White House for failing to protect the US staff there, which was obvious, and everyone already knew about. but hey, it was something Fox News could report on...

also, I didn't know this: when the House GOP formed the committee and put Gowdy in charge of it, Boehner was opposed to it because there were already FOUR (4) other committees investigating it... brilliant lawyering though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mostly remember Trey Gowdy from his highly touted "investigation" of Hilary Clinton that accomplished nothing other than waste taxpayers' time and money, two things Conservatives pretend to care about. "Brilliant" in Conservative parlance translates as "willing to do or say whatever our side needs or wants right now."

From his wikipedia page:
In July 2015, Republican nominee Donald Trump named Gowdy as a possible nominee for United States Attorney General in a Trump cabinet.[44] In late December 2015, Gowdy endorsed Senator Marco Rubio for president, praising him as a rarity among elected officials for having kept his campaign promises.[45] Gowdy's endorsement strained his relations with Donald Trump's campaign; Trump said that Gowdy had "failed miserably on Benghazi".[46][47] Rubio withdrew from the race in March, after losing his home state of Florida to Trump. Two months later, on May 20, Gowdy endorsed Trump for president, admitting that while he was a "Rubio guy", he would support the presumptive Republican nominee.[48] After the dismissal of FBI Director Comey, Gowdy was being considered for his replacement. However, the veteran representative told Attorney General Sessions that he wanted to remain in his congressional seat.[49]
LOL, he was a Rubio Guy! I'm guessing the hardcore MAGA crowd considers him less "brilliant" right now.

for the record, the House Select Committee on Benghazi accomplished nothing, other than blaming Clinton & the White House for failing to protect the US staff there, which was obvious, and everyone already knew about. but hey, it was something Fox News could report on...

also, I didn't know this: when the House GOP formed the committee and put Gowdy in charge of it, Boehner was opposed to it because there were already FOUR (4) other committees investigating it... brilliant lawyering though!

interesting criticism from someone who wouldn't know "brilliant lawyering" if it punched him in the nose, or someone who thinks nothing was uncovered by Gowdy's or the other investigations into Benghazi other than Clinton & the White House failed to protect US staff there.

Just more of your less than brilliant partisan hackery...

Last edited:
The fucking hypocrisy coming out of this admin and the GOP in general these days makes me want to vomit. I've never seen so many fucking straight up lies. It's one thing to spin everything - that's politics - but to brazenly and blatantly lie and display such reckless double standards is unprecedented.

- 72 months of investigation

- 0 Indictments

- 0 guilty pleas

- 11 hrs of Hillary’s testimony Trump’s Russia Investigation

- 14 months of investigation

- 23 indictments (so far...)

- 5 guilty pleas
(so far...)

- 0 hrs of Trump’s testimony

Where's the Political Bias Now?

LOCK HER UP!!!

Last edited:
The fucking hypocrisy coming out of this admin and the GOP in general these days makes me want to vomit.
How about the arguments about the investigation taking too long and exceeding the scope?

August 1994, Clinton investigation over the Whitewater real estate deal begins
September 1998, Ken Star gives his report to Congress
December 1998, impeachment is initiated
February 1999, the Senate acquits Clinton of the perjury and obstruction of justice charges.

4 years, 5 months, and the subject changed from real estate to lying about affairs.

How about the arguments about the investigation taking too long and exceeding the scope?

February 1999, the Senate acquits Clinton of the perjury and obstruction of justice charges.

4 years, 5 months, and the subject changed from real estate to lying about affairs.

that's what happens when you put "brilliant" legal minds in charge: meandering, expensive investigations, that ultimately go nowhere, achieve nothing, and in the end serve to obstruct justice more than achieve it (...possibly by design???)

That's a major aspect of it. All this whining about Mueller "taking too long" when there have been indictments handed down and pleas bargained and actual, tangible progress in the investigation. Compared to the REAL Witch Hunts against Obama and Clinton, it's just asinine.

Then the same hypocrites would turn around and say, "If you have a problem with the government tapping your phone lines it's because you're guilty of something. An innocent person with nothing to hide would have no problem!"

This investigation clearly is flawed because it didn't produce damning evidence within days of beginning.

Fucking hypocrites and idiots in Tennessee and Indiana still shouting "lock her up!" and "Benghazi will never die!"

I was just a young punk at the time, not paying attention much. I had no idea it took that long. I've definitely complained about Mueller taking too long, I'll probably pump the brakes on that narrative for a bit.

The outrage from the right stems from the fact that the Obamas and Clintons have been proved to have broken laws, lied about it, deceived the American people, used their positions to target their opponents and enrich themselves at the expense of American interests if not safety, compromised national security, etc, etc and gotten away with it. Her privileged political class status has enabled her to get away with multiple violations of our trust and laws from Whitewater to the illegal personal email server. Obama politicized and weaponized the IRS and DOJ, his administration got away with Fast and Furious, they lied about Benghazi for months because Obama was busy running for reelection.

If you're ok with the slimey scumbags getting away with scandal after scandal and breaking law after law, stonewalling investigations or getting a free pass in a rigged system, that's one thing, but to say they are squeaky clean because there have been no indictments while the GOP are a bunch of corrupt, dirty hypocrites is disingenuous or willful ignorance.

Last edited:
..., but to say they are squeaky clean because there have been no indictments while the GOP are a bunch of corrupt, dirty hypocrites is disingenuous or willful ignorance.

No one is saying that.

I think you need to learn how to read. I think that's actually your problem, and the reason you get into so many disputes here.

No one is saying that.

I think you need to learn how to read. I think that's actually your problem, and the reason you get into so many disputes here.

Ah, the good old reading comprehension criticism - good one coming from the guy who wrote a whole post about how stupid and what a cop out that accusation was in general. Hypocrite much? Here's a quote from you:

that's what happens when you put "brilliant" legal minds in charge: meandering, expensive investigations, that ultimately go nowhere, achieve nothing, and in the end serve to obstruct justice more than achieve it (...possibly by design???)

and here's Vic

The fucking hypocrisy coming out of this admin and the GOP in general these days makes me want to vomit. I've never seen so many fucking straight up lies. It's one thing to spin everything - that's politics - but to brazenly and blatantly lie and display such reckless double standards is unprecedented.

- 72 months of investigation

- 0 Indictments

- 0 guilty pleas

- 11 hrs of Hillary’s testimony Trump’s Russia Investigation

Where's the Political Bias Now?

LOCK HER UP!!!

And Vic again:

That's a major aspect of it. All this whining about Mueller "taking too long" when there have been indictments handed down and pleas bargained and actual, tangible progress in the investigation. Compared to the REAL Witch Hunts against Obama and Clinton, it's just asinine.

Then the same hypocrites would turn around and say, "If you have a problem with the government tapping your phone lines it's because you're guilty of something. An innocent person with nothing to hide would have no problem!"

This investigation clearly is flawed because it didn't produce damning evidence within days of beginning.

Fucking hypocrites and idiots in Tennessee and Indiana still shouting "lock her up!" and "Benghazi will never die!"

At most, I slightly exaggerated. The reason I get in "so many" disputes here is that I enjoy disputing all the moronic, patently false and hypocrtical things you and a few other leftists post here on a regular basis.

Last edited:
saying an investigation didn't result in anything is not the same as saying you think the target of the investigation is squeaky clean.

jesus... why do i have to...

saying an investigation didn't result in anything is not the same as saying you think the target of the investigation is squeaky clean.

b/c you choose to?

There is no huge audience of fence-straddling lurkers on this forum who are reporting back to their home group on who they think won the day here. Its puny and read by the same members day after day, and no one's going to convince anyone else that they are wrong.

"the fact that the Obamas and Clintons have been proved"

No they haven't, otherwise they would have been tried and convicted by other than merely the court of RW public opinion. And unlike a couple of other previous White House occupants, they can travel to Europe w/o the probability of being arrested for being accused of committing war crimes.

But perhaps except for someone who thinks that getting the last post in, somehow means that he (or she) wins a dispute. I've seen that go on everywhere in the ether for years. Or the stall tactic, when someone waits for a few hours or in some cases the wee hours/next day, so to get the last reply in, b/c the others involved have left the now dormant or dead thread.

Last edited:

like I said, at worst it was a slight exaggeration and yours weren't the only comments - you can read, right?

Last edited:
Back