Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congrats to former Spartan Nick Foles

johnny2x2x

Only threw 7 passes for us, but has always said great things about our coaches. He returned to Arizona to be closer to his family after a couple family illnesses and deaths.

That QB room had a Super Bowl winning QB, the backup to the losing QB last night (Hoyer), and the soon to be highest paid player in NFL history (Cousins). Our staff knows elite QB talent.

"When I look back on my life, one of the most changing years -- one of the years where I really grew up and matured -- was (when I was at) Michigan State.

"If I wouldn't have gone there and gone through everything I did, I probably wouldn't be (in the NFL) today because I wouldn't have grown up and experienced a lot of things that year that helped me grow and mature as a player and a person. I'm very thankful for the experience I had at Michigan State."

"I'm rooting for Michigan State -- hard," Foles said. "I'm rooting for Coach D. and that team, and I hope they pull it out.

"I really think the world of Coach D. I think he's a great coach, and I'm really proud of what Michigan State has done because I know the leadership brings to the table. I'm not surprised at all they're doing well.

Last edited:
Only threw 7 passes for us, but has always said great things about our coaches. He returned to Arizona to be closer to his family after a couple family illnesses and deaths.

That QB room had a Super Bowl winning QB, the backup to the losing QB last night (Hoyer), and the soon to be highest paid player in NFL history (Cousins). Our staff knows elite QB talent.

"When I look back on my life, one of the most changing years -- one of the years where I really grew up and matured -- was (when I was at) Michigan State.

"If I wouldn't have gone there and gone through everything I did, I probably wouldn't be (in the NFL) today because I wouldn't have grown up and experienced a lot of things that year that helped me grow and mature as a player and a person. I'm very thankful for the experience I had at Michigan State."

"I'm rooting for Michigan State -- hard," Foles said. "I'm rooting for Coach D. and that team, and I hope they pull it out.

"I really think the world of Coach D. I think he's a great coach, and I'm really proud of what Michigan State has done because I know the leadership brings to the table. I'm not surprised at all they're doing well.

I think the main reason he transferred was losing the backup QB job to Cousins when Hoyer was a Senior. he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't likely to ever start at MSU

Back