Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
like France?
I forget who the current dictator of France is but yeah, last time I was in France, if you took away the wine and the perfumed whores and the Eiffel Tower it was basically Bolivia.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
I forget who the current dictator of France is but yeah, last time I was in France, if you took away the wine and the perfumed whores and the Eiffel Tower it was basically Bolivia.
don't forget the cheese! also, I assume you meant this but it's worth mentioning, leave the non-perfumed whores - Bolivia has tons of those. probably.

in case you missed it - the point of my post was about Trump's apparent inspiration for this horrible idea - France's Bastille Day Parade.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 02-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
turok   turok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
like France?

LePen lost the election.
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #14
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
like France?
or North Korea, Iraq under Hussein, China under Mao, the USSR under Stalin...
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #15
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
don't forget the cheese! also, I assume you meant this but it's worth mentioning, leave the non-perfumed whores - Bolivia has tons of those. probably.

in case you missed it - the point of my post was about Trump's apparent inspiration for this horrible idea - France's Bastille Day Parade.
Yeah I got it.

Hey if you're in front of a computer with Internet access you could pull up Doug McIntyre and LeeAnne Tweeden on KABC 790 Los Angeles. It's pretty funny right now.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #16
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
or North Korea, Iraq under Hussein, China under Mao, the USSR under Stalin...
I think ISIS is planning an Iraqi military parade for next Bastille Day.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #17
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
I think ISIS is planning an Iraqi military parade for next Bastille Day.
I hear they'll be flying that same "Mission Accomplished" banner George W. Bush stood in front of at their parade.
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
I hear they'll be flying that same "Mission Accomplished" banner George W. Bush stood in front of at their parade.
That would make sense.
__________________
Go Blue!

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #19
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
LePen lost the election.
because conservative = dictator. except, aren't most of those dictators socialists or communists. oops.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 02-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #20
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
because conservative = dictator. except, aren't most of those dictators socialists or communists. oops.
I'm pretty sure there have been dictator's throughout human history, long before "socialism" or Karl Marx existed.

Also, have u ever heard of Mussolini? Adolf Hitler? Franco? What about all the fascists we put in power, often overthrowing democratically elected governments to do so? Iran's shah? Batista? Somoza? Pinochet? Gee, pretty much most leaders in Central and South America going back to 1890?
__________________
"Everything pretty much BLOWS right now."
- original
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.