Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of how Atheists are so awesome!

So what you're saying is she's no true atheist.

I guess, yeah. Although it's not like we're a very exclusive club. it's easy enough to become a member, it's just that the whole "hoping to be a theist someday" thing is a little... well... weird.

and who talks like that? "I am not currently a theist, but hope to become one eventually." STFU & GTFO!

When MC returns to the Catholic Church it will be a good day.

When MC returns to the Catholic Church it will be a good day.

LOL, yes, you True Believers always did love breaking out the rack & wheel and torturing heretics back into the fold. The past 400 years have been no fun, no fun at all.

LOL, yes, you True Believers always did love breaking out the rack & wheel and torturing heretics back into the fold. The past 400 years have been no fun, no fun at all.

A gross misrepresentation of the actual events, but it supports your present narrative, so continue to pursue it.

A gross misrepresentation of the actual events, but it supports your present narrative, so continue to pursue it.

I think you're misreading what he's saying. Clearly, he's willing to come back as soon as he feels he can bring back the rack & wheel.

Harvard University elects an atheist as their new Chaplain:
The new chief chaplain at Harvard University, which was founded to instruct clergymen early in the colonial period, is an atheist ? and that?s fine by those who unanimously selected him for the role.

Greg Epstein, the 44-year-old author of ?Good Without God: What a Billion Nonreligious People Do Believe,? assumes his new position this week, The New York Times reported. He formerly served as the university?s humanist chaplain since 2005.

?There is a rising group of people who no longer identify with any religious tradition but still experience a real need for conversation and support around what it means to be a good human and live an ethical life,? Epstein told the paper.​

On one hand, I think it would be better if more chaplains were atheists.

on the other, I think it would be better if there were fewer chaplains.

On one hand, I think it would be better if more chaplains were atheists.

By definition, a Chaplain cannot be atheist.

on the other, I think it would be better if there were fewer chaplains.

Well, you should be gratified that Harvard has accommodated your desire.

Atheists are far from perfect but at least we aren't crazy enough to believe in ancient fairy tales about an invisible sky wizard who created everything.

Religions were created back when humans were ignorant of the world around them. They thought that night was a blanket being pulled over the sky and the stars pinholes in it. They thought that an eclipse meant the sun or moon had been turned off. They were clueless as to what was really going on so they created fairy tales to explain it.

Modern humans who know better and still believing in these fairy tales in just plain nuts.

Atheists are far from perfect but at least we aren't crazy enough to believe in ancient fairy tales about an invisible sky wizard who created everything.

Religions were created back when humans were ignorant of the world around them. They thought that night was a blanket being pulled over the sky and the stars pinholes in it. They thought that an eclipse meant the sun or moon had been turned off. They were clueless as to what was really going on so they created fairy tales to explain it.

Modern humans who know better and still believing in these fairy tales in just plain nuts.

A person not believe in a religion and also not be an atheist.

We already proved atheists are the best people in this thread, so there's no point in discussing it further.

Back