Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another Scandal in Big 10?

tomdalton22

First a cover up by PSU for Jerry Sandusky. Now MSU?

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...claims-sex-abuse-school-usa-gymnastics-doctor

During a press conference Wednesday, Lopez and her attorney reiterated that she told three different Michigan State athletic trainers about Nassar's actions.

According to the lawsuit, "Upon reporting her sexual abuse by Nassar to the highest ranking employees within MSU's training staff, in or around 2000, the Plaintiff was intimidated, coerced, and threatened by high-ranking MSU training staff and told that she was not sexually abused by Nassar and not to make such allegations."

Lopez alleges that, when she refused to continue receiving treatment from Nassar in 2001, MSU pressured her to declare herself medically inactive as an athlete. Shortly after, she left Michigan State to return home to California.

"They told me he was a world-renowned physician. What they did not tell me is that he was a serial molester and pedophile," Lopez said at the press conference, "I feel guilty. Not because I did anything wrong, but because I was not able to come forward sooner to help other girls."

A Michigan State spokesman said that the school had not yet been served with any lawsuit, so could not comment on the litigation. "We take allegations of sexual abuse very seriously," the spokesman said in a statement, "Our police, the lead investigative agency in the Nassar case, are devoting significant resources to the criminal investigation against him and are vigorously reviewing all complaints and working through them with the state Attorney General's office and federal U.S. Attorney's Office."

As a Spartan alumni, I'm sickened to hear this. At the bare minimum, Nassar is clearly a serial criminal that should go to jail for a long time. And if MSU participated in hiding or shielding him, I hope everybody involved goes to jail as well.

I'm actually working on writing a letter President Simon. As well, I normally donate money each year to the university. That's not going to happen again until the investigation is completed and all culpable parties have been removed.

... "inter-vaginal adjustments"...

Hey, MSU, I got an inter-vaginal adjustment for ya right here!

*gives all the MSU posters the finger, and laughs like a jerk*

Back