Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reuben Foster Shoulder

I dont believe that the talent drop from Foster to Davis was that much and all things considered between injuries and all the off the field crap put Davis ahead of him.Although had you told me at the beginning of the draft process that he would be there at 21 and we wouldnt take him I would have told you that you were crazy

Word today is he had serious concussion issues in college as well. I think it's probably good we passed. That's a lot ... a DAMNED LOT.. of risk going on there. Shoulder, character issues, concussions... even if none of it is true, the fact that scouts were hearing it should be enough to make you pass on a guy when the next guy on the board is just about as good.

Word today is he had serious concussion issues in college as well. I think it's probably good we passed. That's a lot ... a DAMNED LOT.. of risk going on there. Shoulder, character issues, concussions... even if none of it is true, the fact that scouts were hearing it should be enough to make you pass on a guy when the next guy on the board is just about as good.

That's like a combination of Best, Titus & Mike Leshoure.

Saw an interview with Foster on the NFLN yesterday about him explaining the whole hanging up on the Saints debacle. It was painful to watch...

Did he admit fault or blame them?

Lol. He was all over the place with his explanation. He said the Saints wanted to talk to his girlfriend for some reason. So she was on the phone with them. Then the phone went off and it was the 49ers. He took the phone from her (because that's where he wanted to go....of course lol) and he just clicked over without saying a word. Obviously the Saints hung up. The rest is history.
He just sounded like a disrespectful brat. Idk...to his credit though, he said he never meant to disrespect the Saints. Didn't seem genuine though...

Last edited:
I don't really care that he hung up on the Saints. Technically speaking, the minute the 49ers ran in the pick, he's their guy and he can't have a discussion with the Saints about playing with them. Don't call a guy until it's your turn to pick, simple as that.

But the shoulder. The back. The getting into a fight with medical personnel and being sent home. The diluted test. There are an assload of red flags on this guy. The talent is undeniable, but there's a lot there that makes me think bust at this point.

He may turn out to be one of the best every to play the game, but I think if I am a GM, I pass.

Back