Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN: Lions have fourth best QB situation in NFL

I'm just referring to his inference that Golladay is going to be a better player than Boldin. That is beyond pie in the sky.

Boldin had 584 yards and 8 TDS. The catch rate of 70% will be tough on 95 targets but he had a very low YPC catching everything near the line of scrimmage mostly. 8.7 YPC for Boldin. Most WRs do much better than that. Heck RBs do better than that. Boldin made some big time clutch catches, but his production 584 yards with low YPC can be beat by a more athletic WR.

Titus Young had 607 yards and 6 TDs (and one taken away because of a stupid rule we couldn't challenge) on 84 targets as a rookie. With 3 other players having over 100 targets that year (Calvin, Burleson and Pettigrew)

Golladay has good size and more speed and athleticism than the current Anquan Boldin. Golladay can get close and could surpass 584 yards. Titus Young did it, Golladay can.

And reiff had a bad year. Lang was top 5, warford top 20. You know damn well if lang was a packer you would call him way better than warford

if the Lions still had Warford and Lang was in GB, you would say Warford > Lang.

I never said warford better than lang..lang consistent top 5 to 10 guard. Warford is good, but he is no lang

Boldin had 584 yards and 8 TDS. The catch rate of 70% will be tough on 95 targets but he had a very low YPC catching everything near the line of scrimmage mostly. 8.7 YPC for Boldin. Most WRs do much better than that. Heck RBs do better than that. Boldin made some big time clutch catches, but his production 584 yards with low YPC can be beat by a more athletic WR.

Titus Young had 607 yards and 6 TDs (and one taken away because of a stupid rule we couldn't challenge) on 84 targets as a rookie. With 3 other players having over 100 targets that year (Calvin, Burleson and Pettigrew)

Golladay has good size and more speed and athleticism than the current Anquan Boldin. Golladay can get close and could surpass 584 yards. Titus Young did it, Golladay can.

Titus Young started and was on the field all game.....Golladay will be sitting on his ass behind Tate and Jones and will see the field like 12 snaps a game. Good luck with that!

Titus Young started and was on the field all game.....Golladay will be sitting on his ass behind Tate and Jones and will see the field like 12 snaps a game. Good luck with that!

No he didnt. 83 targets. Three other players had over 100 targets. Calvin,burleson and pettigrew. Scheffler had alot too.

Golladay can easily get 83 targets. Someone is gettonf boldins targers

Boldin made some incredibly tough catches last year. Game changing tough catches. Golladay isn't going to make those catches. Ebron certainly isn't going to make those catches.

Boldin will be missed on 3rd down and around the goal line. Golladay offers more athleticism.....but good athlete does NOT automatically = good WR.

Boldin made some incredibly tough catches last year. Game changing tough catches. Golladay isn't going to make those catches. Ebron certainly isn't going to make those catches.

Boldin will be missed on 3rd down and around the goal line. Golladay offers more athleticism.....but good athlete does NOT automatically = good WR.

Somebody needs to make those catches, bro. Golladay and Roberts could be those guys...

Golladay has good hands and good size and speed. He can make the catches and get more YAC and YPC than Boldin (very slow player last year). Lions have plenty of good weapons deserving of targets. They'll get much more out of the second tight end receiving this year too (anything is better than almost nothing). Riddick healthy is big too.

Lions have much better weapons in 2017 than 2016. Lions have much better Oline in 2017 than 2016. Stafford should be healthier in 2017 (and more time with Cooter) and running back is much better with Abdullah and Riddick healthier. Plus I like what Zenner did at the end of the year. Plus Zenner and all Rbs should have better blocking this year.

Also if the defense can manage to force 20-25 turnovers instead of 14 that helps the offense a lot too. Only four drives starting in opponents territory. The 2016 offense had to do it the really really hard way in moving on long drives every time.
27 PPG floor for this offense.

Last edited:
Not many rookie WRs really impact their team, and when they do, they never have two very good WRs next to them, and they are even more rarely a 3rd round pick.

Golladay has a chance to become a legit threat for the Lions, but I expect a very quiet rookie and sophomore season from him. Let's keep our expectations realistic.. he's a 3rd WR at best, he's a rookie, and we have Tate, Jones, Ebron, and maybe even Riddick who will see passes before Golladay becomes an option.

I don't think we will hear his name called much this year, or at least not enough to notice he's there.

I know what Golladay is but I see him in Boldin's role. There's a reason why they haven't brought in another player right now. KG is our #3 off the jump. I can see the kid produce numbers at 300+ yds and 3-4 TDs. That's not asking or expecting that much. Then Roberts might be able to produce 100+ yds and another 3-4 TDs as well. Maybe more in the TD department. There's your Boldin production right there. It would be nice if one of these guys could do it on their own but it's going to be a growing process with these rooks..

Last edited:
Somebody needs to make those catches, bro. Golladay and Roberts could be those guys...

I see Tate as the only guy on the roster that can make tough catches at this point. I am not going to say Galloday cannot make those catches, but it's a lot to ask from a rookie.

I'm not talking about spectacular catches......i'm talking about the catch's on third and four when you run 5 yards downfield, stop, turn around, and a fastball from Stafford is in your chest......all while knowing you're about to get blasted by a LB.

I see Tate as the only guy on the roster that can make tough catches at this point. I am not going to say Galloday cannot make those catches, but it's a lot to ask from a rookie.

I'm not talking about spectacular catches......i'm talking about the catch's on third and four when you run 5 yards downfield, stop, turn around, and a fastball from Stafford is in your chest......all while knowing you're about to get blasted by a LB.

Jones and boldin both had 41 first downs last year. And jones faced tougher corners

Well, Roberts and Golladay are both guys built for the beating. I don't think it's a lot to ask a rook to get his nose dirty once in awhile. They're not asking these guys to be the features on offense.

No.......you're just wrong. There isn't another fan, analyst, coach or commentator that would agree with you.

Try again.

Jones faced the top corners. They had the same amount of first downs and Jones did it with way more YAC. Jones was explosive with way more plays over 20. Boldin was close to the line of scrimmage. Boldin doesn't get separation which is why he has to make all the close catches. Boldin is as slow as they come. He did well but Golladay can be better with more athleticism.

Jones and boldin both had 41 first downs last year. And jones faced tougher corners

Making our point for us....Bolden had just as many 1st downs as our #1 WR on the outside. Yup...i dont see Golladay doing that as a rookie.

Back