Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeremy Maclin Cut

mhughes0021

i hate that after every single player gets cut i see a thread saying we should go after him. But we should go after Maclin lol!

i hate that after every single player gets cut i see a thread saying we should go after him. But we should go after Maclin lol!

He is a good WR......just don't see where he would fit. Similar to Tate.....would push Galloday to 4th WR which isn't terrible.....but JM is just too similar to what we have. No size.

No size but has repeatedly won as an outside WR. I'd pick him up

Bring him in for a look. The kid Golladay has reportedly been impressive in OTA's but this would only improve his game...

Likely too expensive. Lions have about $10mm in cap room, but Maclin was making about $9.75mm per on his last deal.

Unless he's willing to take an enormous pay cut, it would be much wiser to use that money on signing some extensions.

Likely too expensive. Lions have about $10mm in cap room, but Maclin was making about $9.75mm per on his last deal.

Unless he's willing to take an enormous pay cut, it would be much wiser to use that money on signing some extensions.

And why do you think he got cut? Not for "lack" of production.... Because he was getting paid entirely too much FOR that amount of production... Solid player but did not light it up to where he was worth that 10 mil. He is FOR SURE taking way less to play for a team this year 100%

And why do you think he got cut? Not for "lack" of production.... Because he was getting paid entirely too much FOR that amount of production... Solid player but did not light it up to where he was worth that 10 mil. He is FOR SURE taking way less to play for a team this year 100%

The Browns are still sitting at $60mm under the cap with no quality receivers. I wouldn't bet on him taking less money this year, as some teams still need to find a way to spend big just to hit the salary floor.

Browns: $60,132,474
Jaguars: $45,325,703
Texans: $31,490,723
Patriots: $19,321,026 (scary, ain't it)
Bengals: $19,184,623
Colts: $18,820,955
Dolphins: $17,333,558 (not sure how after Suh)
Steelers: $16,304,969

Some of those teams have to tie money into extensions for current players, just like we do, but the Browns have a ton of space to spend... and literally may be forced to spend a stupid amount of money on one or more players to hit their minimum, and the Patriots don't have too many big ticket items looming where they can't give Brady another top weapon.

Not saying any of those teams are hunting for another WR, but several of them could come close to $10mm if they wanted to, and the Browns should.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ndamukong-suh-6511/

Suh is 19.1 million cap hit this year. 26.1 next year at the age of 31. 31 is when we added Ngata in 2015. 28.1 million for Suh at 32 years old, 22.375 million at 33 years old. Suh will be costly the next four years. They restructured him last year already adding 4 million to every other year after 2016.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ndamukong-suh-6511/

Suh is 19.1 million cap hit this year. 26.1 next year at the age of 31. 31 is when we added Ngata in 2015. 28.1 million for Suh at 32 years old, 22.375 million at 33 years old. Suh will be costly the next four years. They restructured him last year already adding 4 million to every other year after 2016.

I knew it had to be something like that. I remember when Miami signed him, it was team friendly year one, but everyone knew they would have to restructure because year two would kill them, and then by restructuring it was eventually going to become unmanageable.

26.1 million a year for a DT is insane, but when he's not even arguably the best DT in the game, it's suicide.

Damn, just look at those cap numbers for Suh.

https://overthecap.com/player/ndamukong-suh/1816

If they pay him, they are screwed. If they cut him, they are screwed.

2020 is the only real year they can do anything. They take a 4 million dollar hit to save 18 million.. there is no way they don't do that. But prior to that, you lose so much money cutting him, you can't pay the replacement, plus additional money rolls over into each subsequent year.

Just think guys... for six million less... this could have been our nightmare.

Im rooting for the Pats to get Maclin lol. Cooks, Maclin, Edelman, Gronk with Brady...i wana see it.

Damn, just look at those cap numbers for Suh.

https://overthecap.com/player/ndamukong-suh/1816

If they pay him, they are screwed. If they cut him, they are screwed.

2020 is the only real year they can do anything. They take a 4 million dollar hit to save 18 million.. there is no way they don't do that. But prior to that, you lose so much money cutting him, you can't pay the replacement, plus additional money rolls over into each subsequent year.

Just think guys... for six million less... this could have been our nightmare.

People complain we didn't keep him either. Give me ngata, Lang and Marvin Jones instead of just suh any day

Back