Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Name 3 guys you would keep

Over 22m for the next 4 years? I'd say when pigs fly..

last year Cespedes signed a 4 year $110M contract which is $27.5M per year. If Upton's agent thinks he can do that or better, why not?

Last edited:
last year Cespedes signed a 4 year $110M contract which is $27.5M per year. If Upton's agent thinks he can do that or better, why not?

That's taking a big chance. I don't know anyone or remember anyone that turned down 85m+ ..

I wonder how good of a year Upton would have to have for him to opt out. Right now he is right around the 6th best LF in baseball and would be the #1 free agent LF.

Just hoping.

I'd be surprised if he didn't opt out, he isn't going to want to stay through a rebuild.

just heard a "proposed" trade on MLB radio (yes, they are already playing that game)

With the Cubs recent release of their LH catcher and Arrieta's pending free agency a caller proposed this trade

JV, Avila & Wilson + $12M for Ian Happ.

The hosts said it makes sense but feel the Tigers will try to trade individual players to try to get more prospects. They felt that the best destination for JV would be Houston.

just heard a "proposed" trade on MLB radio (yes, they are already playing that game)

With the Cubs recent release of their LH catcher and Arrieta's pending free agency a caller proposed this trade

The hosts said it makes sense but feel the Tigers will try to trade individual players to try to get more prospects. They felt that the best destination for JV would be Houston.

This caller must have been playing with himself while looking at his Cubbies yearbook talking on the phone. Ian Happ 1st year rookie.

Talk radio will turn your head into mushier mush than almost anything the DSF has to offer.

This caller must have been playing with himself while looking at his Cubbies yearbook talking on the phone. Ian Happ 1st year rookie.

Talk radio will turn your head into mushier mush than almost anything the DSF has to offer.

I don't know. He's 22, a switch hitter, 2B or CF, he was their #1 prospect in 2016 and #21 overall.

I'd love to get Happ. I just have no idea what the value of our trade pieces are. 12M seems like a lot to throw in on top of the players.

LOL maybe add Schwarber to it and we can talk !!

Cubs dont have a " Catcher Problem " ...they have Contreras and wont trade big prospects for a backup duh , hence why they released Montero without even blinking an eye .

Nope. They have a Starting Pitcher problem.

Cubs dont have a " Catcher Problem " ...they have Contreras and wont trade big prospects for a backup duh , hence why they released Montero without even blinking an eye .

Rumors is that he's a dick and maybe that's why he was released? I know it's weak but that's the rumor..

Rumors is that he's a dick and maybe that's why he was released? I know it's weak but that's the rumor..

They released him because he blamed Arrieta for all the stolen bases allowed the other night . Montero is like 1 - 31 in throwing guys out

LOL maybe add Schwarber to it and we can talk !!

the way JV has been pitching the Tigers might have to throw in more than $12M, JV, Avila & Wilson to get just Happ. The Tigers don't have anybody that would get them Happ & Schwarber

Last edited:
After Sunday's game I'm changing my mind again keep the three pitchers dumbroski left us and full blown rebuild it. Those guys were so GD lethargic Sunday I just don't even know what else to say other than it was very disappointing

Back