Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mark Snyder from Freep leaving

Michlady

His tweet earlier today

After more than 20 years in journalism, I'm leaving the profession. Thanks to the readers and followers for years of interest. Keep in touch

Later clarified he wasn't let go, just wanted a change

His tweet earlier today

After more than 20 years in journalism, I'm leaving the profession. Thanks to the readers and followers for years of interest. Keep in touch

Later clarified he wasn't let go, just wanted a change

that's surprising. He's a solid writer, although kinda bland & overly factual. seems like he was doing what he was cut out to do, and didn't have much more to offer than routine sports reporting. Will be interesting to see what he does next.

I've been reading his columns since he was a reporter at the Michigan Daily.

MgoBlog is basically celebrating. Was he the guy behind the stretchgate with rich rod or something?

I do not quite understand the hate. IF anything, he was a complete M slap in all of his articles.

MgoBlog is basically celebrating. Was he the guy behind the stretchgate with rich rod or something?

really? beyond simply hating everything Michigan, what conceivable reason could they have for hating Snyder? He's completely professional, kinda boring, straightforward sports reporter.

He struck me as not much of a slappy; he just reported the facts. Michigan was just his beat.

that's maybe why they didn't like him?

He contributed to the Rosenberg shit show. But I agree, he's nothing to get worked up about.

Mark always seemed to be mailing it in to me. JMHO.

Back