Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Major League Baseball 88th All-Star Game July 11, 2017

You're paying more attention to the Dodgers than I am.

That's cool that you played against at least two major leaguers. Who are those two and what other major leaguers did you play against?

Steve Howe (57) and Bob Welch (35). No others that I know of. EDIT: Howe flipped his pickup somewhere in California about 10 years ago. We actually knocked Welch around and beat him 7-2. The game against Howe was a 5-2 loss.

Last edited:
Ouch.

On the baseball side looking at his stats not sure of his 2nd half were always better than the first half or something but he only had one other all star appearance outside 1990. But he had a very nice career.. Seems to be overlooked..

I only mentioned how they died because when they were brought up it was mentioned that they both died untimely.

Steve Howe (57) and Bob Welch (35). No others that I know of. EDIT: Howe flipped his pickup somewhere in California about 10 years ago. We actually knocked Welch around and beat him 7-2. The game against Howe was a 5-2 loss.

It was Coachella. It's the eastern most part of the greater Palm Springs area.

Last edited:
Back