Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Good News 2017 Season

Well, The "Good News" out of these last several posts is that whether
we admit it or not while this is turning out to be another 'Season of discontent',
We are all hardcore Tigers fans. We think to ourselves, or say out loud, or post here, some words to this effect, "fuck them, I've had it, their toast, they suck",
but we come back hoping they will do better.

Well, The "Good News" out of these last several posts is that whether
we admit it or not while this is turning out to be another 'Season of discontent',
We are all hardcore Tigers fans. We think to ourselves, or say out loud, or post here, some words to this effect, "fuck them, I've had it, their toast, they suck",
but we come back hoping they will do better.

well said. The worse they get the less time I spend actually watching the games. But no matter how bad the are, the first thing I do in the morning is get a cup of coffee and look at the Tigers box score on the computer.

heh, heh, I had an old transistor radio I had under the pillow just loud enough to hear, and had to really "fine tune" it to get the Tigers station out in Boston.
Sometimes I got it, other times I didn't and had to bite my lip so I wouldn't swear, didn't want mom and dad to know I was listening to the game when
I had school next morning. It was a thrill to hear Ernie.

That was the bottom line, not letting mom and dad know. I used to ask them if I could sleep in the basement "It's cooler down there" an excuse so I could listen to the radio.

For a long time I really thought Ernie knew who was in the stands.. "A fan from Pershing caught that one." My favorite was "He stood there like the house by the side of the road.." Lol. So joyful being a kid back then..

I forgot about that. Sometimes I would go an entire day not knowing if they won or not. Sometimes I would get the paper when they were just in KC or something and the game would end late and they wouldn't get the box score in....I was so pissed.

Now it's too easy. I get an update on my phone the second the game is over with a recap and box score.

Yep, I think they put the paper to bed at like 10 each night back then.. When the Tigers lost I'd be like pissed until they won again. Those long losing streaks sucked.. :tup:

Did brad make a trip to the mound during the 6th, while things were unraveling. Heck game tied now ! 6-21-17 Brad a weak manager imo.

Tigers release Francisco Rodriguez. This definitely belongs in the good news 2017 season thread.

Two wins in a row is a step forward.
Tigers next twelve games imo are very important.
ESPN has Tigers going with a 6 man rotation this time.
Tigers have won the 1st KC game the next two are winnable. So saying next 12 are winnable. Tigers need to get rolling and mowing.
Norris (4-5) >> Kennedy (1-6) Norris could even up here
Fulmer (6-6)>> >Junis (2-1) Tigers need to score some runs here as Fulmer has 14 QS.
Sanchez (0-0) >Tomlin (4-9) Has pitched 11 ip with 9 strikeout in his two starts that Tigers have lost as a team. Run support is needeedd
Farmer (2-1) =>Carrasco (8-3) This one is a wish. Farmer needs to bring his 1st two games to the game.
Zimmermann (5-5) got to beat this guy>>> Merritt (0-0) This can not be aloud to happen!
Verlander (5-4) >>>>Clevinger (3-3) Ace needs to show up.
Norris (4-5) >> Cain (3-7) It's San Fran!
Fulmer (6-6)>>>ach (4-5) It's San Fran!!
Sanchez (0-0) > Cueto (5-7) It's San Fran!!!
Zimmermann (5-5)>Carrasco (8-3) Should Farmer beat him Zimm better. B/S he needs to earn his money.
Verlander (5-4)>>>> Clevinger (3-3) Ace has to show up!
Norris (4-5)>Bauer (6-6) He gets three starts better be 7-5 when done.
For the Tigers to win 14 in a row is wishful thinking The would have to set a team record. But the pitching matches are some what favorable.
Getting Sanchez going would be like getting new player at the trade LIFE line.

Now do not know how to really take this, as there ups and downs to this.

ESPN head line"The Tigers announced they've reinstated DH Victor Martinez from the disabled list, optioning C/1B John Hicks to Triple-A Toledo to make room. Martinez will bat sixth Wednesday against the Royals."
V-Mart back Sanchez starting and spot start by Farmer could be changes needed to keep the steps moving forward.

Now I really want ever one to be happy about this.
Tigers Moneyball position
Catcher
At bats 265,runs 34,4th; doubles 13,9th;SEVENteen Homeruns 1st First 1st; 41 rbi's 5th;802 ops, 3rd
And Hicks found a stolen base.
Tiger management done a good job here.
So put a smile on and lets get going.
as all ways The Good News is Great News with a win.

Last edited:
Big 4 game series against KC. Win them one at time. 4 Wins will leap frog the royals.

7-18-17 Sad news day J.D. was traded for 3 useless minor short stops! Should rate as one of the worst trades in Tigers history.
Rebuild just took a wrong turn and a huge set back!

The Good News is Great news this day, Game 91 a win 43-49. I think Tigers might have pulled the trigger to soon with the JD trade. This week could be a good one for the Tigers. Play them one at a time. Win two more with KC and you catch them. Sets them up, good for Minnie who lost tonight. Could be in 2nd place, running down tribe in next 5 games! yea I know 48-49 is still under .500 but 2nd is just a step from 1st!

Back