Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

Today's update has a possible tie-in to the Michigan OSU GAME?!?

Link:
HOUSTON ? A woman who the FBI said forced a Southwest Airlines plane from Houston to Columbus, Ohio, to make an emergency landing in Little Rock, Arkansas on Saturday said in midflight that ?Jesus told her to open the plane door,? court documents released Monday said.​

We can only speculate as to His motives... did He want her to crash the plane into the Horseshoe to prevent a Michigan victory?

Did noted Christians Jim Tressel or Urban Meyer send up errant prayers during the game that were misinterpreted?

She later bit the leg of a passenger that restrained her so badly he had to receive medical treatment.

Today's update has a possible tie-in to the Michigan OSU GAME?!?

Link:
HOUSTON ? A woman who the FBI said forced a Southwest Airlines plane from Houston to Columbus, Ohio, to make an emergency landing in Little Rock, Arkansas on Saturday said in midflight that ?Jesus told her to open the plane door,? court documents released Monday said.​

We can only speculate as to His motives... did He want her to crash the plane into the Horseshoe to prevent a Michigan victory?

Did noted Christians Jim Tressel or Urban Meyer send up errant prayers during the game that were misinterpreted?

She later bit the leg of a passenger that restrained her so badly he had to receive medical treatment.

Maybe Jesus told her that UM was beating the shit out of OSU and to just get off the plane now vs. landing in Ohio.

Reading the article...the passenger that got bit needed "medical treatment" which included a hepatitis shot and antibiotics. The "victim" had to go call a veteran's crisis hotline due to "PTSD and anxiety". Translation: a lawyer got ahold of this "victim" and they are looking for a huge payday from the airline :cheers:

Maybe Jesus told her that UM was beating the shit out of OSU and to just get off the plane now vs. landing in Ohio.

Reading the article...the passenger that got bit needed "medical treatment" which included a hepatitis shot and antibiotics. The "victim" had to go call a veteran's crisis hotline due to "PTSD and anxiety". Translation: a lawyer got ahold of this "victim" and they are looking for a huge payday from the airline :cheers:

Good for the victim and the lawyer (assuming your conjecture is accurate). Only heroes in this story.

Getting a bad bite from a person is no joke... friend of mine is a dr. and said the worst bites to treat medically are human bites. We carry more bacteria in our mouths than other mammals.

Getting a bad bite from a person is no joke... friend of mine is a dr. and said the worst bites to treat medically are human bites. We carry more bacteria in our mouths than other mammals.

I'm no doctor, but my guess is shark bites, bites from Lions, Tigers, Bears, alligators, etc. are worse than Human bites.

I'm no doctor, but my guess is shark bites, bites from Lions, Tigers, Bears, alligators, etc. are worse than Human bites.

That is true. I believe he was referring to the risk of infection though, not the severity of the bite itself.

I'd rather be bit by a human & just get some antibiotics after, than have a shark bite my leg off.

He also wasn't comparing human bites to venomous animals... again, I'd rather be bitten by a human & get some minor treatment than be bitten by a water moccasin and risk necrosis killing a pound of flesh on my leg.

That is true. I believe he was referring to the risk of infection though, not the severity of the bite itself.

I'd rather be bit by a human & just get some antibiotics after, than have a shark bite my leg off.

He also wasn't comparing human bites to venomous animals... again, I'd rather be bitten by a human & get some minor treatment than be bitten by a water moccasin and risk necrosis killing a pound of flesh on my leg.

What about a dog biting you on the balls?

Which would be worse, a human biting a person on the finger or a dog biting a person their balls?

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GwpQZ1eSkhE
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/E_4ETu8Je94
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/398-Srs3vq4

What about a dog biting you on the balls?

Which would be worse, a human biting a person on the finger or a dog biting a person their balls?

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GwpQZ1eSkhE
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/E_4ETu8Je94
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/398-Srs3vq4

Lt. Drebin wanted to die by "having your nuts bit (sic) off by a Laplander."

"That's the way I want to go," he said.

Nordberg, in traction, was soon to cross to the other side of the law.

Drebin would have solved that case in a day.

this thread took a way more painful turn than I expected this morning

ow ow ow, do NOT want to even think about any of that

this thread took a way more painful turn than I expected this morning

ow ow ow, do NOT want to even think about any of that

Is it as painful as having your balls bit off by a Laplander?

Is it as painful as the pain Nordberg felt when Frank kept slamming his face into his feet while Nordberg was in traction?

And does the dog Laplander have to be capitalized because Lapland is a place?

Autocorrect seems to ?think? so.

bulldog

husky

poodle

golden retriever

shepherd

Not so much.

German shepherd - different story.

Which brings me to a thought I often have - what will ultimately bring about the demise of the human species?

Climate change

Nuclear holocaust

Asteroid strike

Intergalactic alien invasion

Singularity

I have my money on the last one.

More blockbuster movies - literally franchises - are based on that one than really, all of the other ones combined.

I'm surprised MC didn't start a "public school teachers behaving badly" thread when this came out. Then I remembered, it's OK when they do it.

Last edited:
Damar hamlin who was "saved by god" wore a jacket at the superbowl that offended Christians. Namely Adrian Peterson that is so Christian he beats his kid with a branch.

Religion is so dumb...

Not a Jacket I'd endorse. But I'm not a young man who was struck down like that. And selected bishops, cardinals, and priests in the Catholic Church are, IMO, offending Our Lord far more severely and intently than Damar Hamlin, who is in no way "offending" me, or anyone with a solid faith in Christ, who bore all sins for us and who has limitless mercy for the repentant.

As for Peterson, as for all of us, the beam in our eye should prevent us from viewing others' shortcomings.

Last edited:
Not a Jacket I'd endorse. But I'm not a young man who was struck down like that. And selected bishops, cardinals, and priests in the Catholic Church are, IMO, offending Our Lord far more severely and intently than Damar Hamlin, who is in no way "offending" me, or anyone with a solid faith in Christ, who bore all sins for us and who has limitless mercy for the repentant.

As for Peterson, as for all of us, the beam in our eye should prevent us from viewing others' shortcomings.

Man... I looked up his history on the issue and it's ugly. And he later had another son beaten to death, by a guy dating the mother.

A lot of ugliness there, and I imagine AP is far from being alone among football players when it comes to domestic abuse. And the coaches and owners aren't exactly pillars of morality either.

There's a lot of things that can serve as an indictment for humanity... the NFL as a whole is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
both things can be true

you are correct.

I find religion and religious people fascinating. All these people spend time following a religion...what if they picked the wrong one. Every Sunday mass, all of the money given to the church, and you pick the wrong religion. That would suck.

You die, think you spent all that time and money so you can go to heaven, and bam...you were supposed to be worshiping Allah or buddha. Or the opposite, you were killing infadels so you get a goat and 40 virgins and they send you straight to hell.

you are correct.

I find religion and religious people fascinating. All these people spend time following a religion...what if they picked the wrong one. Every Sunday mass, all of the money given to the church, and you pick the wrong religion. That would suck.

You die, think you spent all that time and money so you can go to heaven, and bam...you were supposed to be worshiping Allah or buddha. Or the opposite, you were killing infadels so you get a goat and 40 virgins and they send you straight to hell.

I think it was Ricky Gervais that said "there's 2500 gods across all religions and you're saying you don't believe in 2499 of them. I just don't believe in 1 more than you."

Thought that was great perspective.

Imagine if you were catholic and lived back when they were even more corrupt than they are now and charged you while you were alive for your soul to get out of purgatory when you were dead. Then you died and found out you picked the wrong religion!

Last edited:
Back