Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OTL article on Draft Kings and Fan Dual

Read it a few days ago and it was good. Are they dead or just hurting? Never used them myself..

They are hurting. I have used both. They know it is gambling but try to get away with saying it is a game of skill. It can be a game of skill, but the problem is the really skilled players have some huge advantages. In certain games, a casual fan has a very small chance of winning.

I like fan duals site better then drafts kings but do not play much because i lost interest when I found out one person faces such long odds .Also they lied. They said they would match 200 deposit with 200 matching funds but I forgot to read the fine print lol.

They only release pennies depend on how many entries you play. A year later the still owe me over 180 dollars of the matching funds they promised.

Last edited:
I like fan duals site better then drafts kings but do not play much because i lost interest when I found out one person faces such long odds .Also they lied. They said they would match 200 deposit with 200 matching funds but I forgot to read the fine print lol.

They only release pennies depend on how many entries you play. A year later the still owe me over 180 dollars of the matching funds they promised.

lol...same here.

I do play but don't play in any games unless it's single entry.

I still don't do very well but at least I feel I have a fighting chance.

From the little I understand it seems that big corps or big groups of people with mega computers win all the money.. Seemed more like a scam than anything else.

From the little I understand it seems that big corps or big groups of people with mega computers win all the money.. Seemed more like a scam than anything else.

not big groups of people or corps. The biggest problem is some of the "experts" are entering hundreds of lineups and using "scripts" to automatically put the lineups in. They are covering so many scenarios that they have the odds in their favor. The "scripts" also allow them to change players in hundreds of lineups at once. Bottom line...these "sharks" have huge advantages in large multi entry contests. This is the reason to not enter those types of contests.

not big groups of people or corps. The biggest problem is some of the "experts" are entering hundreds of lineups and using "scripts" to automatically put the lineups in. They are covering so many scenarios that they have the odds in their favor. The "scripts" also allow them to change players in hundreds of lineups at once. Bottom line...these "sharks" have huge advantages in large multi entry contests. This is the reason to not enter those types of contests.

Okay thank you. Still seems like a scam though since I bet many don't understand it happens..

Okay thank you. Still seems like a scam though since I bet many don't understand it happens..

yes...it is somewhat of a scam. It's DEFINITELY gambling but maybe worse. At least in gambling, almost everyone has similar odds. In this, because there is some skill involved, there is a small group that have an edge.

I rarely participate in any pool that is over $5.00 entry in NFL play and NEVER participate in ones that have unlimited entries for reasons Tom explained.

Last season was the first time the wife let me bet outside of my standard fantasy football league. I ended up up about $50.00 in the black so she's letting me (begrudgingly) do it again this year.

Lol I Just looked at my account i have $ 8.24 left and pending bonus of 180.68 lol. What scam and such devious advertising ..I belive I signed up 2 October's ago.

I rarely participate in any pool that is over $5.00 entry in NFL play and NEVER participate in ones that have unlimited entries for reasons Tom explained.

Last season was the first time the wife let me bet outside of my standard fantasy football league. I ended up up about $50.00 in the black so she's letting me (begrudgingly) do it again this year.

She lets you bet on your fantasy football league, lucky dog.

Back