Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah latest

This would be great news...Abdullah is more important than Bostic in my eyes.

It's no surprise to me that Abdullah's only full game was the one the Lions scored the most point. Having him back would be huge, but rushing him back seems risky.

It's no surprise to me that Abdullah's only full game was the one the Lions scored the most point. Having him back would be huge, but rushing him back seems risky.

Why risky? Its risky carrying on without a running game, need a spark on offense big time

Why risky? Its risky carrying on without a running game, need a spark on offense big time

The "spark" you speak of needs to come from the OL and has little to do with who is carrying it. Watch the Jags game again.....I bet Washington gets hit behind the line on 10 of his 13 carries. Nothing Abdullah can do about that.

I don't know if it's scheme or talent......but we'll get pounded by good teams if we can't play better on the Oline.

Abdullah can make guys miss. That said run blocking can't have another game like that

In order to have a consistent run game you need to be able to convert on 3rd downs. Stafford didn't do that until the 4th qtr per usual.

Lions were 7th in 3rd down conversion coming into today. Hughes blind

In order to have a consistent run game you need to be able to convert on 3rd downs. Stafford didn't do that until the 4th qtr per usual.

It goes both ways.....how many bad spots did the running game put the offense in?? A lot.

As good as any QB is.....they aren't going to consistently make 3rd and 13...15...10...11..8..9.

A consistent running game puts the offense in much better situations.

It goes both ways.....how many bad spots did the running game put the offense in?? A lot.

As good as any QB is.....they aren't going to consistently make 3rd and 13...15...10...11..8..9.

Lousy/predictable play calling puts the run game in a bad situation

There have been alot of games the run game did exactly what youre asking....and we still didnt convert on the 3rd n 4s. So ya, it works both ways i agree. When the announcers kept harping on the fact we had 10 total yards in rushing they kept forgetting to mention we only had like 8 attempts. Being good at running the ball takes a commitment to atleast try consistently....we dont do that. We probably shouldnt do that at this point.

There have been alot of games the run game did exactly what youre asking....and we still didnt convert on the 3rd n 4s. So ya, it works both ways i agree. When the announcers kept harping on the fact we had 10 total yards in rushing they kept forgetting to mention we only had like 8 attempts. Being good at running the ball takes a commitment to atleast try consistently....we dont do that. We probably shouldnt do that at this point.

We were 7th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions coming into the game......so there I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. Although 7th isn't OUTSTANDING in a league of 32 teams......its still in the top 25%. I'm not sure there have been "a lot" of games where the running game has been an asset.

It takes a commitment......it also takes run blocking. I think the talent is there......but we either make a massive amount of mental errors along the line or the blocking scheme is awful. Our two main RB's had 17 carries for 19 yards. That's a decent commitment level in any game given the results.

We were 7th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions coming into the game......so there I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. Although 7th isn't OUTSTANDING in a league of 32 teams......its still in the top 25%. I'm not sure there have been "a lot" of games where the running game has been an asset.

It takes a commitment......it also takes run blocking. I think the talent is there......but we either make a massive amount of mental errors along the line or the blocking scheme is awful. Our two main RB's had 17 carries for 19 yards. That's a decent commitment level in any game given the results.

As i stated....were also one of the worst teams in the league in 3 n outs. Hard to establish the run when you're giving the ball right back at a rate that's one of the worst in the league.

As i stated....were also one of the worst teams in the league in 3 n outs. Hard to establish the run when you're giving the ball right back at a rate that's one of the worst in the league.

Lions 2nd in league in five min drives and ten play drives. We don't just give ball back

Lions 2nd in league in five min drives and ten play drives. We don't just give ball back

we give the ball back with 3 and outs more than 27 other teams. Fact.

I believe it was five 3 n outs in a row on sunday? Good job offense!

Back