Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Good News 2017 Season

Types of Assault

• Verbal assault ? this is a type of non-physical, oral assault that results in an emotional, mental, and/or psychological injury to the victim, rather than a physical bodily injury.

My apologies if your delicate sensibilities may have been trodden upon.

My apologies if your delicate sensibilities may have been trodden upon.

I am pretty sure my 20 years in the Army, having rockets and mortars thrown at me as a contractor has hardened me to not give this a second thought. I guess I own more space in other's heads than they do in mine.

It sucks that even a block doesn't help from me seeing threads get hijacked. Come on, let's just enjoy baseball for a fucking change.

I've been sick as a dog for a few days, with a big dose of Vertigo.
Don't you remember when you were a kid and you had no nose for saber-metrics and it was all good on opening day?

Sorry to read you have vertigo.
You must be on some med(s)?
There are also some herbs or a vitamin or two that might help?
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=natural+herbs+for+vertigo&*

Mitch,
About 20 years ago I had benign positional vertigo. when I knelt down to slot mail in a bottom of the front door slot, I felt like I was going to fall over.
I wasn't dizzy standing, walking, etc. I only got that feeling when I bent over. At the time the doctor said no known cure, and after a few weeks it went away.
Hope you feel better.

Sorry to read you have vertigo.
You must be on some med(s)?
There are also some herbs or a vitamin or two that might help?
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=natural+herbs+for+vertigo&*

Mitch,
About 20 years ago I had benign positional vertigo. when I knelt down to slot mail in a bottom of the front door slot, I felt like I was going to fall over.
I wasn't dizzy standing, walking, etc. I only got that feeling when I bent over. At the time the doctor said no known cure, and after a few weeks it went away.
Hope you feel better.

Thank you, it's pretty bad right now. I think it's probably the same positional Vertigo. Bending down definitely doesn't help or moving from right to left.. I do have some daily meds I just got, my mom bought. I have more trust in her than a doctor.. I'm hoping they help. Thanks again..

The Good News is great news. Tigers WIN. Jones hits 1st Home Run, Verlander K's TEN for the win.

The good news, I didn't see , the game today. Collins hits a homer, but hear his defense was a bad. The bad news, I do not see how the 2 run offence can work!

Offense will come and go. The bad news was the defense was not good, and Boyd/Sanchez were terrible. All things that were a concern before the season.

The good news, 4-7, game 3. Where to start, Starting pitching; was great today. Fulmer's 6 scoreless innings was every think we fans wanted to see. 4 hits and 2 walks= 1'00 whip, 4 k's what more can we ask from Michael.

But there be bad news as well, he did NOT get the win! As I pointed out during spring Rondon was not cutting it. A Wilson isn't getting it done either. And lets face it Rodriguez is questionable right now. How ever J Wilson did his job.

The D in right needs HELP!,HELP! Enough said.

The offence had it's up and downs. When taking pitches against Wright Tigers did quite well. In fact McCann did really good 2 run Homer to give a 4-0 lead. Only to see the BS (below satisfaction)pen fail! In the bottom of the 8th the offence found life with 2 runsafter2 outs. Mahtook's double tied it and a good at bat from Jones taken the walk put the Tigers ahead 6-5.
Thus pulling victory out of the jaws of defeat. A Tiger win today. Kinsler, Castellanos,(Triple) V-Mart, Mahtook,(Double,needed) McCann,(Homer,1st), Jones all had hits. Collins two.
Win today is good news. 2-1 O I think the 6 run offence is working as the Tigers are 2-0 with it.
So there be good news today.

The Good News, Is better than I had thought it would be at this stage of the season. Three and one is a whole lot better than I foresaw.
Stat wise the Tigers as a team have hit 7 Homeruns in 4 games and 6 of them have come in WINNING games. James McCann leads the team with 2 of them.

Tigers may be hitting .200 but what they done with those hits has been good. 23 hits with 14 of them being XBH 6 doubles a Castellanos Triple, 6 Homeruns by 5 different players. And then there the walks 24 of them. The strikeout are of some concern with Cabrera getting 6 of them in only 12 at bats! That works out to a .444 % walks to K's. Tigers have got to get Cabrera going.
Pitching wise Zimmerman got the 3rd QS for the Tigers in 4 tries for the win. And Justin Wilson got the save. The Bully Pen did there job this day. Even Green found his self.
All in all the season has gotten off to a better start than I thought.
So the news is great this posting.

Bruce Rondon Optioned to Toledo for Joe Jimenez.
Today's Pitch Sale vs Verlander

Tigers win 2-1 great pitchers game. This great news.

Last edited:
The Good News, says the BEST news is a Tiger Win today means those rsox outfielders can't dance today. r stands for re"dumb"ulous

So what happens with Christin Stewart? You'd think he'd eventually be up but with JD in right, eventually, and J-Up making a ton of money in left plus Jacoby in center.. Where's he play?

So what happens with Christin Stewart? You'd think he'd eventually be up but with JD in right, eventually, and J-Up making a ton of money in left plus Jacoby in center.. Where's he play?

He's a corner OF'er with less than average defense. Not sure when his ETA is.

So maybe after Victor and put him at DH.

Sure he could, but it isn't often a youngish 24 or 25 year old is in the DH position. and you never know if he will improve, take better routes to a ball, etc.
Look at Castellanos, he went from a butcher to adequate/average. Makes nice plays and then will flub one or two, but still a marked improvement.

Back