Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miles Bridges schedules Press Conference tonight

johnny2x2x

Well, all signs point to him staying, would rather he just tweeted that, but I guess they think a press conference is needed.

You never know though. I do know that I am glad he's announcing it before the Holiday weekend as he will be home this weekend and you don't know what could happen if his mom really pressures him to leave over the weekend.

An NBA agent said it is an absolute "certainty" he is returning.

Gary Harris held a press conference when he announced he was staying, but didn't hold one when he left after his sophomore season.

Last edited:
Miles just sent a message!

"Meet me at Sparty at 6 pm. I've got something to tell you, it's not about me, it's about us!"

This kid is already a Spartan Legend!!!

I gave him a 5% chance of staying all along until just now. I'd be shocked now if he doesn't stay ( unless he pulls some Lebron bullshit).

I gave him a 5% chance of staying all along until just now. I'd be shocked now if he doesn't stay ( unless he pulls some Lebron bullshit).

https://twitter.com/MilesBridges01

He's coming back. I'd been hearing since before the end of the season he wanted to come back. And through the whole process of fact finding the news has always been that he was staying. His mom sounded like she wanted him to leave, that was the only sign he might go. I figured it was at worst 50-50, but the news has made it more like 80-20 over the last couple weeks. After yesterday it was 95% he is staying, after today it is 99.99%.

He's calling a meeting to announce his decision in front of the Spartan statue and he invited the entire student body while saying, "It's NOT about me, it's about US!"

https://twitter.com/MilesBridges01

He's coming back. I'd been hearing since before the end of the season he wanted to come back. And through the whole process of fact finding the news has always been that he was staying. His mom sounded like she wanted him to leave, that was the only sign he might go. I figured it was at worst 50-50, but the news has made it more like 80-20 over the last couple weeks. After yesterday it was 95% he is staying, after today it is 99.99%.

He's calling a meeting to announce his decision in front of the Spartan statue and he invited the entire student body while saying, "It's NOT about me, it's about US!"

That's what I was referring to by the pulling a Lebron comment after I saw that Twitter graphic. I'd be absolutely shocked if he was holding a press conference with that twitter caption and take his talents elsewhere.

Selfishly I always wanted him to stay, but I think it's probably a bad idea. There's a reason every single person has told him to go(Izzo included). I'm just hoping he makes it through the next year of playing for free healthy.

Selfishly I always wanted him to stay, but I think it's probably a bad idea. There's a reason every single person has told him to go(Izzo included). I'm just hoping he makes it through the next year of playing for free healthy.

Draft boards have him going top 5 next year. The rookie cap goes up 45% next year. He will make $10+ million more on his first contract by staying. And he'll have a multi million dollar insurance policy that will pay him if he falls out of the 1st round, or maybe even if he falls out of the top 15.

From a basketball perspective, he played PF all season this year out of necessity because he was the only player on the team over 6-6 outside of Ward. Next year with Schilling back, Jackson and Tillman coming in, and Ward still there, he will play the 3, the position he'll play in the NBA. He's going to have to work on guarding quicker players. But offensively, is there a small forward in the country that he won't steam roll and dominate?

The analysts are talking about pre-season #1 for MSU now. This is basically the biggest news of the off season for college basketball.

Back