Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dina Ali - Saudi Woman Abducted, beaten, and maybe killed

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Honestly, this story makes me more angry than anything Trump has done. And the fact that the entire world is trending this story and MSM in this country hasn't touched it has killed just about any trust I have left in them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/13/saudi-woman-abducted-at-the-airport.html

TL;DR

1. Saudi woman (25 years old iirc) flees routine beatings and sexual assaults at hands of her family. Her destination was asylum in Australia, but a stop in Philippines first.

2. Phil. officials detained her after her family contacted them. They took her documents and held her until her family arrived. They had no legal right to do so, BTW. In Saudi, women are property of either father, husband, or other male relative.

3. "Family" arrived, only to have witnesses say she was screaming that it wasn't her father. Witnesses then say the family tied her hands and legs, gagged her and beat her.

4. Witnesses in Saudi then say she was rolled off the plane in a wheelchair. There are claims that she is now in a women's protection facility AKA a women's prison camp, but nobody knows for sure.

5. ( not in article) When this started, she fled because her family said they would kill her. An honor killing, basically.

wow... shocking... we should keep bombing Arabic countries, I guess?

Yes, because that's why I posted this...

Its also a political issue as the Philippines is involved.

2. Phil. officials detained her after her family contacted them. They took her documents and held her until her family arrived. They had no legal right to do so, BTW. In Saudi, women are property of either father, husband, or other male relative.

Per the Reuters version of the story the airport was contacted by the Saudi Embassy.

If you traveling somewhere and local US embassy calls to detain the person, majority of countries in the world will detain you.

There is a reason why Snowden is in Russia, because US government invalidated his travel document.

In this case, your friend violated Saudi law (the one which you alluded to) and was treated as a criminal. Same rules would apply to anyone entering USA. If CBP were informed the person was a wanted criminal they would be detained.

Per the Reuters version of the story the airport was contacted by the Saudi Embassy.

If you traveling somewhere and local US embassy calls to detain the person, majority of countries in the world will detain you.

There is a reason why Snowden is in Russia, because US government invalidated his travel document.

In this case, your friend violated Saudi law (the one which you alluded to) and was treated as a criminal. Same rules would apply to anyone entering USA. If CBP were informed the person was a wanted criminal they would be detained.

She violated no laws. The Philippines handed her over to her family, not Saudi officials. And even if she had violated a law, whoever picked her up tied her up and beat her so badly that she was rolled off the plane in a wheelchair.

Look, my outrage isn't directed solely at the philippines. It's nearly 100% toward Saudi law and her family.

She violated no laws. The Philippines handed her over to her family, not Saudi officials. And even if she had violated a law, whoever picked her up tied her up and beat her so badly that she was rolled off the plane in a wheelchair.

Look, my outrage isn't directed solely at the philippines. It's nearly 100% toward Saudi law and her family.

None of the other articles I've seen mentioned her being seen at the Saudi Arabian airport (Observer, BBC, Independent). Neither do any other articles report her being beaten. Hence, I am highly skeptical of the wheelchair claims.

Don't mean it didn't happen that way, just skeptical.

None of the other articles I've seen mentioned her being seen at the Saudi Arabian airport (Observer, BBC, Independent). Neither do any other articles report her being beaten. Hence, I am highly skeptical of the wheelchair claims.

Don't mean it didn't happen that way, just skeptical.

This is from multiple eye witness reports.

Thanks Monster . I would not have known unless you posted this. Bringing attention to women's rights in Saudi Arabia should be brought up every chance we can. Just another shit hole country USA capitalist are in bed with. Just a freaking joke what we turn a blind eye towards. Don't get me started on that leader in the Philippines. He is worthless POS..

Back