Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Draft Thread 2017

Not to be "unpatriotic"... but we have to sing the National Anthem before the damned draft now too? A few more years and I'll have to sing it before I take a deuce.

And every few picks or so, another branch of the military comes onto the stage for a 5 minute standing ovation. It feels more forced than it does a genuine tribute.

Not to be "unpatriotic"... but we have to sing the National Anthem before the damned draft now too? A few more years and I'll have to sing it before I take a deuce.

Pledge of poo legiance

And every few picks or so, another branch of the military comes onto the stage for a 5 minute standing ovation. It feels more forced than it does a genuine tribute.

EXACTLY!

I served. I served in Desert Storm. I'm sick of people "thanking me for my service". It's so forced, so bullshit.

You want to thank a veteran... give them the benefits and health coverage they were promised when they signed up. Stop with the public displays of forced patriotism.

You don't have to.. You got choices. This is America.

Calling it now...

Cleveland takes Vontae Mack at #1 and then gives 3 2nd round picks to move up to #6. To top it off, they then trade down one spot and get three 1st round picks and a returner. Brilliant.

Calling it now...

Cleveland takes Vontae Mack at #1 and then gives 3 2nd round picks to move up to #6. To top it off, they then trade down one spot and get three 1st round picks and a returner. Brilliant.

You know, if you really look at that... that GM should have been stone cold fired on the spot.

He pulled off a wicked set of trades, but he still gave #1 money to a LB he could have had at #7 to begin with, and didn't get the QB the owner basically ordered him to get.

It was nearly Millen quality, if both players had been WRs.

You know, if you really look at that... that GM should have been stone cold fired on the spot.

He pulled off a wicked set of trades, but he still gave #1 money to a LB he could have had at #7 to begin with, and didn't get the QB the owner basically ordered him to get.

It was nearly Millen quality, if both players had been WRs.

The end result was good, but he got lucky. If that qb didn't drop, he might never work in football again.

Same here, the whole first round is a toss up.

There are about 5 LBs I would be happy with, about 4 DEs, a couple of DTs, three RBs (if we got lucky enough for a couple of them to fall), and a whole crop of CBs.

I don't think we can screw this up. Even Njoku would be a valid pick.. I just don't want an offensive player in round 1.

The end result was good, but he got lucky. If that qb didn't drop, he might never work in football again.

No doubt there. He was on his way to the unemployment office before an Aaron Rodgers moment saved his entire career.

I hope the first 4 picks are on defense. Hell they can take all defensive players for all I care.
LB or Defensive End is a must though. I like Taco Charlton, but not many do

No surprise with Garrett.

Last edited:
Myles Garret's career is over. Sorry, kid. Tough break, but at least you're a millionaire!

I hope the first 4 picks are on defense. Hell they can take all defensive players for all I care.

I would happily take Taco. I'm with ya scorp.

Honestly, I love Taco, but I'd rather have Wormley.

Back