Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Comey FIRED

Reading social media comments...

Liberals think he was a Trump Puppet and are glad he's gone because he killed her chances with the presidency. They also think that despite him being a puppet, Trump fired him for not killing the investigation.

Conservatives think he was Clinton stooge and had it coming.

Nobody makes any sense anymore. Can i get an honest opinion, free of political bias? Ffs.

Both parties agree with parting ways with director of FBI?

Hmm... In other words, both parties have something to gain from his absence.

Most likely he was deemed (or proved) too 'independent' to act as a political stooge (puppet).

I am sure his replacement will be more willing to tow the line.

"A man of integrity in a sea of corruption will draw the ire and resentment of all."

I honestly think Comey was just one of those guys that always wanted to be in the spotlight, and did most of the things he did (and when he did them) just to get more media attention.

Wont surprise me to see him running for office soon, claiming he's not a slave to either party.

I honestly think Comey was just one of those guys that always wanted to be in the spotlight, and did most of the things he did (and when he did them) just to get more media attention.

Wont surprise me to see him running for office soon, claiming he's not a slave to either party.

He donated to republican candidates over the years. He was an Obama appointee but that was back when presidents appointed people from the losing party if they were qualified.

Obama appointed him, but he was a long time Republican and had deep ties to Giuliani's office in NYC.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Hillary, who was an awful candidate, person, and would be an awful president, but it was BS for Comey to publicly announce the investigation Clinton's camp while not disclosing that Trump was also under investigation during the campaign.

The "lock her up!" bullshit from the #MAGA crowd is even more ridiculous when you realize how many times Trump was investigated for shady dealings during his entire career, settling most of them (barely) and openly lying to investigators. In addition to that, as a developer in NYC and Atlantic City, his ties to the mob were deep. And you can't wave it away as "something every developer deals with"... Trump went out of his way to make sure the mob would be part of his deals (he relied on them to deliver on labor relations and materials, concrete, etc. because he couldn't).

This admistration is just terrible. It goes down hill even more every day.

Reading social media comments...

Sour Shillbots think he was a Trump Puppet and are glad he's gone because he killed her chances with the presidency. They also think that despite him being a puppet, Trump fired him for not killing the investigation.

Trumpets think he was Clinton stooge and had it coming.

The only part I really don't get is how Sessions said he would remove himself from any of the Russian investigations, but then basically pulls the trigger on firing the guy at the head of the agency heading that investigation. I'm not calling for tin foil hats and conspiracies but it seems kind of reckless and not thought through very well.

Wtf? Conservatives, does this raise any red flags for you? I can't imagine Republicans would stay silent if Obama had fired him after announcing an investigation into the Clinton emails.

Fucking insane.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4c1c7e-34bd-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html

It's wack.

The longer I live the wackier crap that I hear, crap gets.

In my early life, going back to when I was born and even before that, it's told that every president came into office with the intent on firing the director of the FBI, one J Edgar Hoover.

So within a day or two of any new presidency after the day of the swearing in, Hoover would communicate to the new president all the crap the FBI and Hoover had on the new president.

And so Hoover would stay.

So who knows?

It's wack.

The longer I live the wackier crap that I hear, crap gets.

In my early life, going back to when I was born and even before that, it's told that every president came into office with the intent on firing the director of the FBI, one J Edgar Hoover.

So within a day or two of any new presidency after the day of the swearing in, Hoover would communicate to the new president all the crap the FBI and Hoover had on the new president.

And so Hoover would stay.

So who knows?

meanwhile Hoover was holding circle jerks and ass slapping contests in his office with some of his better-looking agents, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only part I really don't get is how Sessions said he would remove himself from any of the Russian investigations, but then basically pulls the trigger on firing the guy at the head of the agency heading that investigation. I'm not calling for tin foil hats and conspiracies but it seems kind of reckless and not thought through very well.

Come on, Trump said that Comey was fired because of his handling of the Clinton email investigation, you believe that, right?

Of course he said many times in October/November that Comey was brave for coming forward with the Weiner emails, but he suddenly did a 180 on that.

It's all about Clinton, nothing to do with the Trump investigation.

This country has been "wack" (sic) since its inception. It the nature of attempting to secure and preserve liberty and freedom in the wake of history's natural inclination to enslave. It will always be like this, and as long as we can gripe about it, there is hope. The moment we can't, it is done. And why congress is just now getting about this Trump-Russia business that was evident 18 months ago is, well, expected.

Come on, Trump said that Comey was fired because of his handling of the Clinton email investigation, you believe that, right?

I honestly can't believe they went that route. I hope there are some patriots in the FBI that take matters into their own hands.

I honestly can't believe they went that route. I hope there are some patriots in the FBI that take matters into their own hands.

Of course that line is just for his supporters, who will actually believe it.

I'm just hoping that Senators with principles will not allow for another director to be appointed without a special investigator for the Russia investigation. This guy fires an director who gave money to both of Obama's opponents in favor of someone he can hand pick.

This sounds ominous.

Nah, I just hope they continue with the investigation even though it could be a while before a new head is appointed. Trump has no motivation to nominate a reasonable appointee. The more slanted of a guy he picks, the longer the fight will drag out. In the mean time he will pick in interim guy who will surely divert focus from the investigation (at least I'm assuming he picks the interim head?).

I have zero faith in the House's investigation and only the tiniest bit more faith in the Senate's. I'm not saying that I know there is anything at the bottom of this, but there is no way we can let this buffoonery have its desired effect.

Of course that line is just for his supporters, who will actually believe it.

I'm just hoping that Senators with principles will not allow for another director to be appointed without a special investigator for the Russia investigation. This guy fires an director who gave money to both of Obama's opponents in favor of someone he can hand pick.

I know just the guy...Jeff Sessions! Either him or Devin Nunes. At this point I can't see it going any other way.

Back