Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Comey FIRED

Next Man Up!

Rudy G come on down!

The Trump Train picks up speed as it heads toward the cliff.

I know just the guy...Jeff Sessions! Either him or Devin Nunes. At this point I can't see it going any other way.

You know he wants it to be Rudy, but the same skeletons that kept him from becoming SOS.

This is such an obvious lie, you praise someone for his actions in the investigation and then fire them for those same actions 6 months later?

He thinks we're all stupid and we'll fall for this, but only about half will.

Last edited:
Idont know. The reporter thing seems overblown. I hadn't heard about it until you alerted me, but reading the text of his audio recording, it seems the reporter overstepped his bounds and was quite honestly very disrespectful. I don't care who the president is - you can't behave that way with the secret service.

It's also not out of the ordinary for the president to host foreign political leaders. Still, there will always be questions about Russian connections with Trump's people. Whether it is fair or not is irrelevant. Nobody ever gave Obama a break so i am confused that Trump thinks he is immune from criticism.

Someone help me understand the xenophobia with Russia. Is it illegal to have dealings with Russians in the United States?

I ask merely because most people in the United States mistake me for a Russian on account of my Slavic accent.

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't think that Hillary Clinton would not have fired his ass even sooner than Trump did had she been elected?

Clinton just spoke about the election for the first time within about a week and specifically blamed Comey and the FBI for her presidential loss.

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't think that Hillary Clinton would not have fired his ass even sooner than Trump did had she been elected?

Clinton just spoke about the election for the first time within about a week and specifically blamed Comey and the FBI for her presidential loss.

That isn't the point and it's kind of annoying that this is the conservative side's argument. Comey was fired during an investigation into Trump's people. He was fired immediately after refusing to acknowledge that Trump, himself, was or was not under investigation while under oath. Trump has been thin skinned for a long time and has a history of lashing out at anyone that challenges him. Is it really a stretch to think that he would fire someone who could be going after him?

Comey should have been fired. I don't think many people dispute that. The timing just looks really bad.

So he asked for more money and more people for the Russian investigation a few days before he was fired

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html

the DOJ makes a recommendation that he's fired, the letter is dated 5/9, same day he's fired (for something that happened 6 months ago, that Trump praised)

But hey, at least he didn't have a private email server

That isn't the point and it's kind of annoying that this is the conservative side's argument. Comey was fired during an investigation into Trump's people. He was fired immediately after refusing to acknowledge that Trump, himself, was or was not under investigation while under oath. Trump has been thin skinned for a long time and has a history of lashing out at anyone that challenges him. Is it really a stretch to think that he would fire someone who could be going after him?

Comey should have been fired. I don't think many people dispute that. The timing just looks really bad.

I wouldn't say that I indicated I believed Comey should or should not have been fired.

I just asked if anybody disagreed that Hillary Clinton wouldn't have also fired him.

I too think Trump is thin skinned and crazy and it's unbelievable and detestable that he was nominated for the Republican candidacy.

I don't think I've kept that any kind of a secret on this board.

I think it's a calamity of politics as usual that Hillary Clinton was nominated for the Democratic candidacy.

I'm pretty sure I haven't kept those feelings a secret either.

Someone help me understand the xenophobia with Russia. Is it illegal to have dealings with Russians in the United States?

I ask merely because most people in the United States mistake me for a Russian on account of my Slavic accent.

When Russia intervenes in the election to get one particular candidate elected all dealings with them will be under scrutiny. All intelligence agencies concluded the same thing though trump only believes information that's positive about him, anything else is fake news.

I love when some republican brings up any Democrat meeting with Russians as a false equivalence. If they interfered in the election to get a Democrat elected then you'd have a story

Idont know. The reporter thing seems overblown. I hadn't heard about it until you alerted me, but reading the text of his audio recording, it seems the reporter overstepped his bounds and was quite honestly very disrespectful. I don't care who the president is - you can't behave that way with the secret service.

It's also not out of the ordinary for the president to host foreign political leaders. Still, there will always be questions about Russian connections with Trump's people. Whether it is fair or not is irrelevant. Nobody ever gave Obama a break so i am confused that Trump thinks he is immune from criticism.

That reminds me of how the whole of MSM was consistently challenging Obama at every turn throughout his eight, harrowed and hounded years as president.

who cares? Hillary Clinton isn't president. it has nothing to do with what Trump did. the issue isn't who would've fired Comey first, the issue is whether Trump used his authority to quash an investigation into his administration.

"weighing the alternative" is no longer meaningful when the election is over.

Agree. Either Clinton or Trump should've fired him almost immediately. He inappropriately played politics during the election.

the timing though doesn't just look bad... it IS bad. Trump thought Comey would stay blindingly loyal, but once Comey started doing his job, he fired him. They went pretty far out there to cover it up by firing Comey overnight like that. now as a matter of principal and governance they pretty much have to follow up and conduct the investigation Comey was planning.

who cares? Hillary Clinton isn't president. it has nothing to do with what Trump did. the issue isn't who would've fired Comey first, the issue is whether Trump used his authority to quash an investigation into his administration.

"weighing the alternative" is no longer meaningful when the election is over.

Some people can pretend that the Russian investigation and Comey's status were separate issues. If you don't acknowledge that they are 100% related I don't know what to say, bringing up if Hillary would have fired him for different reasons is completely insignificant.

Back