Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nazi haircut... the "fashy"

Michchamp

I just learned what you'd call this:

richard-spencer.png

it's called a "fashy."

on my lunch breaks around here (an area with a lot of office buildings, a few oil company HQs, ad companies, bank offices, etc) lately I've noticed a handful of guys sporting them. I guess openly associating yourself with Nazis has lost some of its professional stigma...?

adolf-hitler-with-hitler-youth-everett.jpg

A history of the haircut says prior to being co-opted by the "alt-right" AKA neo-nazis, it was associated with white rapper "Macklemore" who I was not familiar with, and other clueless hipsters, and a handful of Hollywood celebs (Brad Pitt was one). this was circa 2011-2012. To me, it seemed an obvious throwback to Hitler's brownshirts, but I guess not everyone knows their history. or cares.

I've been saying that for years to troll the hipsters at work. But to be honest I don't care.

I've first seen them coming back in football over a decade ago.

Although lets be honest, that haircut probably predates the formation of NSDAP.

Gotta be honest, just looks like combed hair. I did that shit in elementary school, didn't think I was associated with the regime.

Gotta be honest, just looks like combed hair. I did that shit in elementary school, didn't think I was associated with the regime.

shaved on the sides and the back, slicked on top. it's a pretty deliberate choice (for an adult).

as an elementary student, it's forgiveable. kids do dumb things

Didn't know about the shaved sides. Thought it was just consistent throughout.

Back