Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN: Lions have fourth best QB situation in NFL

When's the last time the Lions went to the playoff's twice in a row.. I worry about that. Okay maybe not worry but this team is weird. You think it's going to do something and the exact opposite happens..

This current team can make the playoffs again and should. I don't care what players that aren't on the team anymore did.

Top 5 QB, good Oline, plenty of weapons, solid RBs/good pass catching RBs and very improved defense with health and back 7 upgrades. This team is clearly playoff caliber. Let's see how they execute.

This current team can make the playoffs again and should. I don't care what players that aren't on the team anymore did.

Top 5 QB, good Oline, plenty of weapons, solid RBs/good pass catching RBs and very improved defense with health and back 7 upgrades. This team is clearly playoff caliber. Let's see how they execute.

We thought that the last time, and the time before .. Playoff caliber doesn't mean playoffs. I hope so and I've never been one to worry about superstitions but based on history I seem to never get my way..

And playoffs are just the first small step.. We need a playoff win.

We thought that the last time, and the time before .. Playoff caliber doesn't mean playoffs. I hope so and I've never been one to worry about superstitions but based on history I seem to never get my way..

And playoffs are just the first small step.. We need a playoff win.

2011 to 2012 they basically stood pat due to cap limitations and some players regressed plus had more weapon injuries. Avril, KVB, Peterman, Burleson, Pettigrew, Titus Young etc

2014 to 2015 they lost Suh and Fairley and Levy (and Sims/Dom) and still had Lombardi messing things up on offense.

2016 to 2017 the Lions improved greatly. Oline, health (Dline/Rbs), back 7, redzone threats

2011 to 2012 they basically stood pat due to cap limitations and some players regressed plus had more weapon injuries. Avril, KVB, Peterman, Burleson, Pettigrew, Titus Young etc

2014 to 2015 they lost Suh and Fairley and Levy (and Sims/Dom) and still had Lombardi messing things up on offense.

2016 to 2017 the Lions improved greatly. Oline, health (Dline/Rbs), back 7, redzone threats

But maybe we get injuries (RB were healthy last year at this time) maybe the refs say "lets screw them." Maybe we get a bunch of true wins etc.. Too early to know. I was 25 when they won a playoff game. I'm entitled damn it.

But maybe we get injuries (RB were healthy last year at this time) maybe the refs say "lets screw them." Maybe we get a bunch of true wins etc.. Too early to know. I was 25 when they won a playoff game. I'm entitled damn it.

RBs can be healthy. Maybe this year it's Whitehead and Tavon Wilson. Maybe its Nelson again and Bakhtiari for the Packers. Maybe it's Everson Griffen and Rhodes for the Vikings. We'll see what combo shakes out for all teams. There are plenty of combos where the Lions could still excel. They still made the playoffs last year.

Lions made the playoffs with Abdullah, Riddick, Levy and Ansah having major injuries. Stafford, Swanson and Slay for one quarter of the year too. Lions can handle injuries.

Lions have a very talented roster. This is very different than 2012 and 2015. There was talent on those teams but there were injuries and some lack of execution and some coaching issues (Lombardi)

Same ole same ole from you. One of these seasons you might be right and then you can say you told us all.

THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS LASTY YEAR. I was right

It's amazing how you get so pumped because of a playoff loss.. You also said we'd win a SB by 2015. Face it, you just guess. From the posts you make the Lions are the most talented team ever..

I've been purposely staying away from conversations like these because others get all bent out of shape but this team is not good. Better OL or not 2017 doesn't have any more talent than 2015 or 2016..

It's amazing how you get so pumped because of a playoff loss.. You also said we'd win a SB by 2015. Face it, you just guess. From the posts you make the Lions are the most talented team ever..

I've been purposely staying away from conversations like these because others get all bent out of shape but this team is not good. Better OL or not 2017 doesn't have any more talent than 2015 or 2016..

They don't have more talent on this 2017 team than 2015 and 2016??? Lmao. Says who? You?

How accurate of a deep ball passer is Matthew Stafford?
He?s got a big arm, but how accurate is it?
It?s common knowledge that Matthew Stafford has one of the strongest arms in the league, but is it accurate?
Jonathan Kinsley of Brick Wall Blitz did a very intensive study of NFL quarterbacks and their deep ball accuracy. He found that Matthew Stafford, based on charting every 2016 pass, was one of the least accurate passers for passes over 16 yards?28th of the qualifying 31 quarterbacks.
However, he jumps to 14th in passes over 20 yards.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C74XV4lW0AE9Eoi.jpg

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/2017-starting-quarterback-power-rankings-20-11/
2017 Starting Quarterback Power Rankings (20-11).
BrickWallBlitz

No different than you, man. You constantly shit on this team...lol.

I haven't shit on this team in such a long time. Now I am and who says this team is more talented, you? Because of two OL? We lost our best red zone target in Boldin, does that not matter? Our prospects are just that.. We hope they get better but no guarantee.

We thought the same after 2014 when we won 11 games, and shit the bed. It's okay not to be positive on everything.

Last edited:
It is way more than 2 oline. Rb health, qb health, better te depth, two new red zone threstd, upgrades at 3 tech, more athletic de, way better lb core, 2 new nickels, cb2 competition with tabor

Upgrades at every single position

Saying 2 oline only. Well you just need to start paying attention. 2 oline was just one of many things

I haven't shit on this team in such a long time. Now I am and who says this team is more talented, you? Because of two OL? We lost our best red zone target in Boldin, does that not matter? Our prospects are just that.. We hope they get better but no guarantee.

We thought the same after 2014 when we won 11 games, and shit the bed. It's okay not to be positive on everything.

2 OLinemen and that's it??? Pffffft lol. Ok bro, sweetness!!! Get ypur head outta your ass. And just because we lost Boldin, doesn't mean we're garbage in the RZ all of a sudden. There's a reason why Quinn drafted 2 RZ monsters in the draft. Our LB crew is already better than last yr and so is our secondary with the additions BQ has made. TE group too. RBs and DL may still be in question but this team has wayyyyy more talent than last yr or 2015. It's not even close.
I'm not calling this team Super Bowl bound, but you're either retarded or completely clueless not to notice that improvements have been made. I don't even get how you can say it lol. And the 2 OL additions would make that offense much better than last yrs team. Throw in a healthy AA and the skies the limit. Our starting fucking RBs at multiple different times were Zenner, Washington and Riddick lol. With a late addition of Joique Bell......woooooooooo! We got younger and better in at least 3 or 4 different positional groups. Hell, our backup QB position is better now with Kaaya. But you don't see it??? I know you don't, bro. How the fuck could you? Lol. Pure gold...

Last edited:
2 OLinemen and that's it??? Pffffft lol. Ok bro, sweetness!!! Get ypur head outta your ass. And just because we lost Boldin, doesn't mean we're garbage in the RZ all of a sudden. There's a reason why Quinn drafted 2 RZ monsters in the draft. Our LB crew is already better than last yr and so is our secondary with the additions BQ has made. TE group too. RBs and DL may still be in question but this team has wayyyyy more talent than last yr or 2015. It's not even close.
I'm not calling this team Super Bowl bound, but you're either retarded or completely clueless not to notice that improvements have been made. I don't even get how you can say it lol. And the 2 OL additions would make that offense much better than last yrs team. Throw in a healthy AA and the skies the limit. Our starting fucking RBs at multiple different times were Zenner, Washington and Riddick lol. With a late addition of Joique Bell......woooooooooo! We got younger and better in at least 3 or 4 different positional groups. Hell, our backup QB position is better now Kaaya. But you don't see it??? I know you don't, bro. How the fuck could you? Lol. Pure gold...

It's a joke Mitch and Hughes only think we upgraded 2 positions. Absolute joke

I'm not calling this team Super Bowl bound, but you're either retarded or completely clueless not to notice that improvements have been made. I don't even get how you can say it lol. And the 2 OL additions would make that offense much better than last yrs team. Throw in a healthy AA and the skies the limit. Our starting fucking RBs at multiple different times were Zenner, Washington and Riddick lol. With a late addition of Joique Bell......woooooooooo! We got younger and better in at least 3 or 4 different positional groups. Hell, our backup QB position is better now Kaaya. But you don't see it??? I know you don't, bro. How the fuck could you? Lol. Pure gold...

I agree that they have made improvements in many different areas with the potentially largest on the OL. I guess the only question will be how big of a difference will these upgrades make. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

It's a joke Mitch and Hughes only think we upgraded 2 positions. Absolute joke

actually i said....i dont see how improving 2 olineman equates to going from a 21st ranked offense to a top 10 ranked offense. Im sure youll be wrong like you always are. Someone feel free to bookmark this thread so i can watch how many excuses LKP gives when we finish out of the top 10. Rinse Repeat...every year the same preseason projection crap that never comes to fruition. Still waiting for Broyles to be an All Pro LKP?.....lmao.

Abdullah and Riddick....yup havent upgraded them.
Jones and Tate....nope...no upgrade there.
Stafford...yup, same guy hes always been.
Ebron is Ebron still last i checked.
Decker, Glasgow/Dahl, Samsonite.....yup....all the same.

Golladay is worse then Bolden.

Lang is better than Warford?....i guess...we'll see
Wagner is better than Reiff? Supposedly but Reiff had a pretty darn good year last year if you ask me. We'll see.

So ya...not much has changed on the offense.

Abdullah missed 14 games. Him back is an upgrade
Stafford health. Upgrade
Experience. Upgrade
Te blocking upgrade
Wr 3 athleticism upgrade
Redzone threats more of them. Upgrade

Literally every position on offense was upgraded. Not just 2 ol spots..top 10 offense

And reiff had a bad year. Lang was top 5, warford top 20. You know damn well if lang was a packer you would call him way better than warford

ok so i keep reading all you nostradmonus fucktards saying our offense will be better cause we'll be healthier. lol, dumbest shit ever. We did not change the personel on the offense basically at all except for losing a RZ target like Bolden and mayyyyybe gaining one in the form of a rookie back up TE....not sure how THAT can really be considered a comparison.....but you guys are nostradomus....not me. We'll see how that one works out for ya....if im vegas id set the line on 2 TDs for a rookie back up TE lol.

The only change i can see worth mentioning is the right side of the line.....and we will see how that plays out. Newsflash....it doesnt automatically mean Abdullah will be healthy....cause hes never healthy. It doesnt mean if abdullah IS in fact healthy if he ever figured out how to hold onto the fucking ball.

Back