Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Example of Trump being unpresidential

This whole thing could end up being a referendum on whether or not Trump's words, and more specifically his tweets, should be taken seriously. Without the context of his campaign remarks and continued rhetoric on Twitter since, the second version of the travel ban is probably constitutional. But that context damn sure does matter.

One of the things that has bothered me the most about the trump phenomenon is people saying he shouldn't be taken literally and that words don't matter. That shit gets under my skin and to me represents a serious erosion of our society. Thank goodness he hasn't had time to completely stack the deck in the Supreme Court. If this were a couple nominations later I'd be much more worried that common sense wouldn't prevail.

This whole thing could end up being a referendum on whether or not Trump's words, and more specifically his tweets, should be taken seriously. Without the context of his campaign remarks and continued rhetoric on Twitter since, the second version of the travel ban is probably constitutional. But that context damn sure does matter.

One of the things that has bothered me the most about the trump phenomenon is people saying he shouldn't be taken literally and that words don't matter. That shit gets under my skin and to me represents a serious erosion of our society. Thank goodness he hasn't had time to completely stack the deck in the Supreme Court. If this were a couple nominations later I'd be much more worried that common sense wouldn't prevail.

Yes I'm a fan of literal language for serious shit, although I know ironically I'm using the word shit figuratively in a fairly serious statement.

Figurative language is fine for jokes and shit chat and non-specified jibber jabber.

Yes I'm a fan of literal language for serious shit, although I know ironically I'm using the word shit figuratively in a fairly serious statement.

Figurative language is fine for jokes and shit chat and non-specified jibber jabber.
Good thing you're not the President or you'd end up a subject in this thread. Although I'm sure you could come up with some jfk or slick willy type shit to help offset the bad with the good.

Thank goodness he hasn't had time to completely stack the deck in the Supreme Court. If this were a couple nominations later I'd be much more worried that common sense wouldn't prevail.

Let's not forget he really wasn't entitled to the pick he did get to make.

Let's not forget he really wasn't entitled to the pick he did get to make.
Damn it, why'd you have to remind me. I did just hear how the white house general counsel is mainly focused on selecting potential judge appointees (makes sense). Something like 130 open seats including district courts. The npr reporter said that is an unusually high number due to the number of cases the Senate wouldn't hear at the end of Obama's term. Too lazy to fact check the npr report, Saul time

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!
9:49 AM - 5 Jun 2017

This guy fucking disgusts me.

Perhaps the capricious, wonton slaughter of human life should be "alarming" ... and the time for measured and vetted comments are history. They selectively offend depending on your world view. Should Trump have restrained his reaction and said the same thing in a different way? Perhaps. Is THAT the crux of the issue? Hardly.

How about just being a normal, rational, thoughtful human and giving your thoughts for what happened like 99.99 percent of the country did? And don't make it about your self-righteous plans back in America?

I disagree about the less crazy part. I don't think Trump is crazy at all.

He is probably the biggest narcissist of the last 30 years, has no filter, and is far less intelligent then even Dubya, but really, I don't think he has a crazy bone in his whole body.

Carson on the other hand is very intelligent, just bat-shit crazy.

In the end I wouldn't be any happier if Carson had the launch codes and not Donald J. Twitter.

Wait, I know, you wouldn't want anyone with the launch codes that disagrees with your World View.

Oh wait, just not anyone who is bat-shit crazy - according to you.

Going to suggest that you stop letting it keep you awake at night - there really isn't much more than the evangelizing that you already do to change it.

Wait, I know, you wouldn't want anyone with the launch codes that disagrees with your World View.

Oh wait, just not anyone who is bat-shit crazy - according to you.

Going to suggest that you stop letting it keep you awake at night - there really isn't much more than the evangelizing that you already do to change it.

No, I don't want anyone that would think of using them having the launch codes.

Sorry if my post hurt your feelings. :cheers:

Donald Trump is unqualified and in over his head. He doesn't posses the ability or intellect to lead the US. Whether or not you voted for him or Russian hackers did, one thing is abundantly obvious...he has no business in the Oval Office and proves it daily.

His wife hates him. "His" party resents him and the rest of America is laughing in horror.

The glass half full side of it?! We may finally recognize as people that it's not 1963 and that we deserve thoughtful and charismatic leadership.

Given the opportunity I would gladly and readily say this in person. I have no respect whatsoever for Donald J Trump. He's a stupid asshole.

No, I don't want anyone that would think of using them having the launch codes.

Sorry if my post hurt your feelings. :cheers:

I don't either.

. . . and of the people who you have defined as bat-shit crazy. How many of them have said anything about thinking of using them?

Can't count anyone who said they wouldn't rule out using them in response to a nuclear attack. That is what d?tente is all about.

Lastly, I am not hurt at all, but do this for me though - tell me who was your person that you wanted to see win in the 2016 election, going back to 2015 when all candidates were still in it? Then I would be happy to consistently dump all over them, insult them whenever I could, and attempt to belittle you for even letting an asshole like that enter your mind, because they are such a fucking bat-shit crazy loser.

That way, I can match your stupid rhetoric with my own. Sound good?

The supporters of Trump have one card they continually play: Hillary Clinton.

News flash, she was a candidate for president over 100 days ago. She's old news now. You won. Why do the Trumpers continue to bring her up?

When Obama won both elections, did people keep bringing up Mitt Romney or John McCain? It's such a weird ass deal.

The supporters of Trump have one card they continually play: Hillary Clinton.

News flash, she was a candidate for president over 100 days ago. She's old news now. You won. Why do the Trumpers continue to bring her up?

When Obama won both elections, did people keep bringing up Mitt Romney or John McCain? It's such a weird ass deal.

The answers pretty obvious, isn't it? I mean, this presidency is a fucking dumpster fire. How in the hell can Fox run with the 'Clinton emails' this week? They have to in order to have something to talk about.

Wow, this Comey hearing ....dude is blistering Trump. Documented all meetings due to 'nature of the person'

Back