Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 More MSU Players May Be Booted

Spin?

Spin is when you take FACTS and re-present them in a different way, according to your needs or view. Sounds to me like the only ones spinning anything are state fans, now in retrospect, spinning what already happened and the regents who are downplaying their negligence in how they handled matters.

folks who are ...experiencing Schadenfreude over the whole matter don't really have to spin anything, based on the facts alone that keep surfacing. shameful situation.

So it's fair that any inferences you can draw against Mumphery are biased, but those that go against the victim are true?

the fact that she didn't cooperate must mean she was lying, but that fact that the university expelled him and banned him from campus means nothing because the proceedings were probably biased against him.

did I say any inferences against Mumphrey were biased or that those against the accuser were true?

you're next paragraph is just pure nonsense. Do you think it's not possible that the University got it wrong in Mumphrey's case? I'm not saying they did but the fact that the accuser refused to even speak with criminal investigators certainly calls it into question.

Spin?

Spin is when you take FACTS and re-present them in a different way, according to your needs or view. Sounds to me like the only ones spinning anything are state fans, now in retrospect, spinning what already happened and the regents who are downplaying their negligence in how they handled matters.

folks who are ...experiencing Schadenfreude over the whole matter don't really have to spin anything, based on the facts alone that keep surfacing. shameful situation.

what facts contradict anything I've said?

If you don't think Dantonio is a big reason for the culture problem, see post #7. Dantonio set a precedent that players could do whatever they wanted and get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Dantonio's hand had to be forced for him to levy out any real punishment.

how about you read post 10 where it's shown you got most of post 7 wrong.

of course Gibbons/Lewan has nothing to do with what happened at MSU recently because we don't handle these types of scandals in ways that would embarrass the university, unlike how uofm does. And it's perfectly legitimate to bring that up to people like you who are pointing fingers but seemingly oblivious to the facts and their own hypocrisy - that's not a snap reaction. The facts being that 2 independent investigations have concluded that Dantonio and the school handled these horrible situations properly and professionally.

I don't think it's a culture problem - uofm recruited and offered scholarships to Robertson, Corley, King and Vance. If you think this is a culture problem because these kids got on campus and all of a sudden became bad apples or they thought, because of the culture (which we know is one that handles these types of problems properly), they could get away with serious crimes you have your head in the sand because that is legitimately delusional.

Wow. So much BS. Amazing that you use the word 'hypocrisy' and bring up Lewan with regard to the MSU accuser not returning calls. I'm not following the details of what happened at MSU, but you are entirely full of BS when you talk about Michigan. Back when this was happening, someone from the Office of Civil Rights was on NPR doing an interview about all the investigations that followed the Dear Colleague letter and they cited Michigan as an example of a place doing things the right way.

I so fucking hate these threads and these pointless message board arguments.

I so fucking hate these threads and these pointless message board arguments.

I didn't bother following this. I guess for one reason or another they're losing around 10 scholarship players? I've read the headlines and top comments elsewhere, thought I'd skim this here...I'm not surprised, but to the degree I skimmed the top comments on reddit, I didn't see Michigan being brought up. So I'm not going to stereotype Spartans based on this.

LOL, look at who you're talking to.

For the record, I'm not pointing to NPR as any kind of authority, I'm pointing to the OCR rep, the source of the rules change that has universities handling things differently in the 1st place say Michigan does it right. I'm sure you (MC) get this, but I'm suspicious that it's some of the same people that would say the new implementation of Title IX rules goes too far while they also criticize Michigan for not going far enough.

Just ignore the troll hypocrites.

It's so much better when just us intelligent Michigan fans discuss things without their crying.

It's obvious to everyone that there is a culture in E. Lansing of unlawfullness. They point to stuff from 6 or 7 years ago to try to deflect, but it doesn't really work.

All of it doesn't really matter, though. Mork is on the hot seat and he'll run out a MAC squad this season.

Better make a bowl game this year, danonini or it might be over, even though you claimed, "it'll never be over"

Not that I want him fired. I hope they keep him around at this point.

Last edited:
Just ignore the troll hypocrites.

It's so much better when just us intelligent Michigan fans discuss things without their crying.

It's obvious to everyone that there is a culture in E. Lansing of unlawfullness. They point to stuff from 6 or 7 years ago to try to deflect, but it doesn't really work.

All of it doesn't really matter, though. Mork is on the hot seat and he'll run out a MAC squad this season.

Better make a bowl game this year, danonini or it might be over, even though you claimed, "it'll never be over"

Not that I want him fired. I hope they keep him around at this point.

That 7-3 record vs you guys really kills you. I love it!!

Back